TESTIMONY Chicago Premiere
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LOS ANGELES, CA (APRIL 2, 2009) - You are cordially invited to attend The US Charity Premiere in Chicago of the movie T E S T I M O N Y. A film based on a book by CARDINAL STANISLAW DZIWISZ
A feature film on the life and legacy of Pope John Paul II
Presented in English
With special guest appearance by internationally acclaimed actor and the film's narrator Michael York
Friday, May 8
The Copernicus Community and Civic Center
5216 West Lawrence Avenue, Chicago
All proceeds from this premiere screening support the humanitarian works of the Order of Malta in the Archdiocese of Chicago and in Cuba. Ticket purchases are one-hundred percent tax deductible.
About the film TESTIMONY
This 90-minute film adaptation of the book by Cardinal Stanislaw Dziwisz, “A Life with Karol,” is an intimate portrait of the Pope as a man as witnessed by his long-standing secretary and close friend.
Set against never-before-published documentary materials and photographs from the Vatican’s archives and private collections, TESTIMONY reveals for the very first time facts from John Paul’s pontificate.
The film, shot on location in Vatican City, Kraków, and Wadowice, is narrated by British actor Michael York, (Cabaret, Jesus of Nazareth). The music that opens and closes the film is composed by the internationally renowned composer and Academy Award-winner, Vangelis. The remaining original score of Testimony has been composed by Polish musician, Robert Janson.
TESTIMONY tells the tale of an entire century in the history of Poland, Europe, and the world. The movie also portrays John Paul II in the secular context. Defining the historical, political and sociological backdrop to his pontificate, it illustrates the role of one of the greatest people in the history of Europe and the world.
Eclectic Film Sales Inc.
http://www.archchicago.org/testimony/testimony.shtm CA, 90064 US
Ted Perkins - President, 310 5083902
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters
- Something Other Than God nominated for Best Memoir & Autobiography in Goodreads 2014 Choice Awards