PAUL, The Man Behind the Letters
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHICAGO, IL (NOVEMBER 23, 2008) - As part of the Year of St. Paul, join the parishioners and friends of St. John Cantius Church in Chicago on “Gaudete” Sunday (3rd Sunday of Advent) to learn from the wisdom and wit of Rev. Msgr. James C. Turro, a renowned Scripture scholar.
After the 12:30 p.m. Tridentine High Mass (Dec. 14), join us in the parish hall for a luncheon and a lecture. Lunch will begin at 2:00pm, followed by the lecture, which will last approximately 45 minutes. Msgr. Turro will conduct a Q&A session following the the lecture.
Space is limited, so make your reservation today. Pre-Registration must be received by December 10, 2008. We offer these registration options for your convenience:
* Register online »
* Toll free phone orders: 1-800-838-3006
* Download a registration form
Go to this link for details...
Tickets may also be purchased at the door on the day of the event, subject to availability.
Monsignor James C. Turro, B.A., M.A., S.T.L., S.S.L., Ph.D., presently Professor Emeritus of New Testament Studies, Immaculate Conception Seminary, Seton Hall University, was educated at Catholic University, the Biblical Institute (Rome), Seton Hall University, Columbia University, and New York University. In addition to his work at Seton Hall University, he has served as an adjunct professor at St. Charles Borromeo Seminary, and as a visiting professor at LaSalle University, Dunwoodie Seminary, Fordham University, and St. John’s University.
He has also given many retreats to priests and sisters. His publications include Reflections—Path to Prayer (Paulist Press), Conversion: Reflections on Life and Faith (Tabor Press), The New Catholic Encyclopedia (several articles), The Jerome Biblical Commentary (first edition), The Sadlier Catechumenate Series, The Fordham University Pastoral Psychology Series, and Our Sunday Visitor Catholic Encyclopedia. He has served as the New Testament book reviewer for the Catholic Biblical Quarterly and as a staff writer for Magnificat. He belongs to The Catholic Biblical Association, The Society for Biblical Literature, and The Catholic Theological Society.
Year of St. Paul
Luncheon and Lecture
with Rev. Msgr. James C. Turro
Paul: the Man
Behind the Letters
December 14, 2008
(after 12:30 Tridentine High Mass)
St. John Cantius Church
825 N. Carpenter St.
Chicago, Illinois 60642-5499
View Map and
Get Driving Directions »
Reserve your place with a donation:
$10.00 per individual
$40.00 per family of five or more
(includes Lecture and Luncheon)
Reserve Seating Online
Canons Regular of St John Cantius
http://www.cantius.org/go/rev-msgr-turro-luncheon-and-lecture/ IL, 60642 US
Rev Scott Haynes - webmaster, 312 243 7373
Year of St Paul
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- George Weigel to Speak on Evangelical Catholicism and Higher Education
- Teacher Wins $3,000 Cash Prize for Catholic YA Novel
- 'Power of Beauty' Conference to Discuss Role of Beauty in Everyday Life
- One of the Great Overlooked Dramas of the Nazi Era
- Every Day is a Holiday in the Catholic Church!
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle