The Catholic Company supports the Missionaries of the Poor
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Charlotte, NC (September 16, 2008) - In response to their requests for materials to help spread the faith throughout their missions, The Catholic Company has joined in the challenge to send thousands of catechisms, Bibles, books, and rosaries to
the Missionaries of the Poor.
The Catholic Company would like to thank our loyal customers for assisting us in this extremely important endeavor. As a Catholic company it is important for us to practice charity based on Catholic Social Teaching. We appreciate the Missionaries for their work throughout the world and our customers for joining us in response to the worldwide needs of the Missionaries of the Poor. The first shipment of materials going to the Missionaries includes over 2,700 catechisms; 240 Bibles; 400 prayer books; and 100 rosaries.
"Thank you for the books and the Bibles...We have begun teaching the Catechism to our brothers, who in turn will teach our poor. I will also send copies to our communities in Africa, the Philippines, India and Haiti. I am glad that so many of the faithful are helping and supporting our need to evangelize the poor...This project is a true blessing. We really pray that The Catholic Company will continue to evangelize the world!" - Father Richard Ho Lung, founder of the Missionaries of the Poor.
About The Catholic Company
The Catholic Company, a mail-order catalog and online retailer, provides essential Catholic books and gifts to customers worldwide. The Catholic Company is known for its selection of high quality Catholic products, quick delivery, and customer service. Selling online since 2001, The Catholic Company, has a comprehensive collection of Catholic books and gifts and a world-class distribution center. The Catholic Company, gifts that make a difference...guaranteed.
About Missionaries of the Poor
Granted Vatican approval in 1998, the Missionaries of the Poor work to feed the hungry, house the homeless, counsel prisoners, care for street children, minister to the sick, preach the Good News, and evangelize through music and song. Through all their works, the Missionaries stress the importance of building strong communities. The brothers take vows of poverty, chastity, obedience, and promise to give free service to the poor. They currently serve the poor from their home in Kingston, Jamaica as well as in India, the Philippines, Haiti, Uganda & Kenya.
Trinity Road, LLC
Phone: 704-940-2240 ext. 232
The Catholic Company
http://www.catholiccompany.com NC, 28241-7445 US
Nicholas Cole - Director, Marketing, 704 940-2240
The Catholic Company, Missionaries of the Poor
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards