Most Widely Used Missal Program in U.S. Now Available with Daily Readings
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PORTLAND, OR (JULY 28, 2008) - OCP has released an expanded version of the popular Today’s Missal program, offering complete Lectionary readings for Sundays, holy days AND weekdays throughout the year.
“Most parishes have weekday Masses—and a dedicated group attending them,” says OCP Publisher John Limb. “We’re proud to provide a missal that supports those communities.”
Started in 1934 as My Sunday Missal—one of the first “pamphlet-missals” to be printed in English—Today’s Missal is now the most widely used missal program in the United States.
Features of the new Today’s Missal with Daily Readings include:
• Daily Mass section with complete Lectionary readings, psalm refrain and verses, antiphons, all three presidential prayers, and hymn suggestions
• Content for optional memorials: Scripture citations, entrance antiphon, opening prayer, psalm response and Communion antiphon
• All the great features of Today’s Missal—seasonal music and everything you need for Sundays and holy days for the entire year
• Three seasonal issues, plus the annual Music Issue (included with subscription)
• Excellent second missal—get 50 for your daily Mass chapel
• Large-print size book—fits OCP’s large missal covers
• Devotional resource for individual, at-home Scripture study
Daily Readings Section Format
• Suggested hymn for the day (appropriate to the day or season)
• Entrance antiphon
• Opening prayer
• Complete first reading, plus second reading for holy days
• Responsorial psalm (refrain and all verses)
• Gospel acclamation (verse and response)
• Complete Gospel reading
• Prayer over the gifts
• Communion antiphon
• Prayer after Communion
For more information on Today’s Missal with Daily Readings or any of OCP’s other products, services and artists, visit www.OCP.org or call 1-800-548-8749.
OCP, a not-for-profit publisher of liturgical music and worship resources based in Portland, Oregon, has been in operation for more than 80 years. Worship materials produced by OCP are used in two-thirds of Catholic churches in the United States and are distributed worldwide.
http://www.ocp.org/td OR, US
Ben Peterson - PR/MarCom Specialist, 503 460-5363
OCP Oregon Catholic Press Missal Today's Daily Readings Mass Lectionary Music Issue
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Pope Francis to Celebrate Bambinelli Sunday, December 15
- Celine Dion Moved to Tears Voicing Her Support for Mary’s Meals documentary, CHILD 31
- 'Francis: A Pope For Our Time, The Definitive Biography'
- Ignatius Press to release Pope Francis’ first Apostolic Exhortation
- Steve Ray Conference December 14,2013 in Brighton, MI
- A trip to another planet shatters assumptions
- Christian Doctors Providing Relief Work to the Philippines
- Production of Catholic cartoon about Saint Kateri Tekakwitha
- Youth to Assemble 100,000 Meals for Africa at National Catholic Youth Conference.
- Contraception and Catholicism: What the Church Teaches and Why