Workshop for Laity in the Traditional Latin Mass
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHICAGO, IL (JUNE 11, 2008) - Join the Canons Regular of St. John Cantius for a "Workshop for Laity" in the Extraordinary Form of the Mass - 1962 Missale Romanum. This workshop will provide registrants with an in-depth examination and spiritual meditation on the Traditional Latin Mass through the presentation of lectures and tutorials.
Participants will also have opportunities for Eucharistic Adoration to extend the worship of our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. Devotion to Our Blessed Lady will be fostered by the recitation of the Holy Rosary in Latin. Additionally, sacramental Confession will be offered frequently throughout the week for the spiritual benefit of those attending the workshop. And best of all, each day of the workshop, registrants will participate in the celebration of the Traditional Latin Mass, with an ever-deeper love and appreciation of the Church, her liturgical traditions and of her Savior, Jesus Christ.
1. History of the Mass of the Roman Rite
2. Explanation of the Prayers and Ceremonies of the Mass
3. Mystical Theology and the Spirituality of the Mass
4. The True Meaning of Active Participation in the Liturgy
5. The Splendor of Beauty and the Liturgical Arts
The tutorial in the Latin Prayers and Chants for the People will help you to gain experience in the basic pronunciation of ecclesiastical Latin. We will have group rehearsal of the most essential Latin prayers and responses for the Traditional Latin Mass. Gaining greater ease and confidence in the execution of the Latin prayers and chants will help the participants to experience the Extraordinary Form of the Mass (1962 Missale Romanum) in a more meaningful and intelligible manner.
We also will provide instruction to church musicians in the rubrics of Sacred Music for the Extraordinary Form (1962 Missale Romanum), reviewing the sacred traditions of Gregorian chant and sacred polyphony, and rehearsing examples of chant. Participants will also be presented with the resources that are available today to vocalists, music directors, and organists for the restoration of our musical heritage.
For full details visit: www.sanctamissa.org/en/workshops/workshops-for-laity/index.html
The workshop will be held at the Cardinal Stritch Retreat House on the campus of Mundelein Seminary, Mundelein, IL.
Canons Regular of St John Cantius
http://www.sanctamissa.org/en/workshops/workshops-for-laity/index.html IL, US
Rev Scott Haynes, SJC - webmaster, 312 243 7373
Traditional Latin Mass, Extraordinary Form, 1962 Missale Romanum, Sacred Music
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary
- Thu, Sept 24, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian Our Lady of Grace Catholic Chu
- How do we live the truth in love when the culture says we're haters?
- Grief, Death, Eternal Life Explored in New Catholic Title by PBM
- Right Next to Disneyland: Theater Meets Faith
- OCP Parish Grant Program to Distribute $200,000 to U.S. Parishes
- Franciscan University Joins With UK School to Offer Online Master of Catechetics Degree
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS