CatholicTV's Fr. Robert Reed to present at Catholic Media Convention
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WATERTOWN, MA (MAY 28, 2008) - On May 30th, Father Robert Reed, Director of CatholicTV®, will make a presentation at the Catholic Media Convention in Toronto titled “Tongue-tied in Turmoil.” He said, “There is no doubt that, as a Church, we find ourselves faced with tremendous challenge. Each generation must discover and employ the boldest means possible to communicate the Truth of the Gospel; so here we are. If we truly believe that Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life, why are we but mildly effective in this task? What can we do to prevent being tongue-tied in turmoil?”
The theme of the convention is “Proclaim it from the Rooftops!” Father Thomas Rosica, CEO of Canada's Salt and Light Catholic Television Network and Joseph Sinasac, publisher and editor of The Catholic Register are co-chairs of the local organizing committee for the convention. Father Rosica said the convention was thrilled to have the sponsorship of both Ontario and the city of Toronto for the convention. He added, "Nearly six years ago we welcomed the world to Toronto for World Youth Day 2002. This year we welcome back to Toronto the people who told the world about World Youth Day 2002!" For more information about the convention visit the www.CatholicMediaConvention.org.
CatholicTV provides family-friendly religious, news, and educational programming 24 hours daily. Founded over fifty years ago, CatholicTV’s programming is available on selected cable systems including Comcast, RCN, Sky Angel IPTV, and Verizon FiOS. For more information, visit www.CatholicTV.com and click on channels. Father Robert Reed, a priest of the Archdiocese of Boston, is the Director of CatholicTV.
http://www.CatholicTV.com MA, US
Sean Ward - Public Relations, 617 9233024 x212
Catholic Media Convention evangelization prayer good news television prayer tv
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle
- Back-to-School Blog Tour Highlights Catholic Children’s Literature
- New York, NY: Sat Sep 27th NYC Catholic Professionals Mass & Social
- Celebrate Christmas in Harvard Square
- Divine Mercy Saint Drama Comes to Williamsburg, Virginia
- America's First-Pro-Life Half Marathon/5K Set for Nov. 9