Thomas Merton - Steward of Silence
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FRANKLIN, TN (JANUARY 11, 2008) - Saturday, January 19, 2008 at 9 am -- 5 pm. In a time of great noise, Thomas Merton's way of silence is alive and well. An intentional examination of this once-worldly pilgrim's life and contemplative practice signals the beginning of our 2008 retreat season: Stewardship Speaks. We will examine Merton's life and final days through video, written texts and of course, silence and contemplation. We hope you enjoy this alternative to our traditional winter retreat on Merton's silence contemporary, Henri Nouwen.
Leader: Dan Phillips has more than two decades of experience as a minister, chaplain and counselor -- particularly to patients with terminal illnesses and their families. He has taught courses to nursing homes and churches on death and dying. As a writer, his publications have been printed in more than two dozen periodicals, literary journals and newspapers. He is a frequent retreat leader on Merton, issues of Spiritual Development and Spiritual Journaling as a means of keeping track of God's movement in one's life. He is a graduate of Tennessee Technological University and Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Presently, he is a chaplain at Centennial Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee.
http://penuelridge.org/events TN, US
Dan Phillips - Leader, 615 5547129
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Crosier Order elects master general and councilors
- Indie Catholic Authors June Ebook Sale Offers the Faithful 17 Books Outside the Mainstream
- World Library Publications Honored With Three Paul Revere Awards
- Limitless Love in Action: First Steubenville Youth Conference Inspires Teens to Bring the Fire Home
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Athletic Director Enshrined in Sports Faith Hall of Fame
- AWARD-WINNING CATHOLIC AUTHORS TEAM-UP TO PROMOTE HEALING THROUGH FORGIVENESS
- NY CONCERT FOR NEPAL 5/31
- Who's responsible for designing the designer?
- Thu, Jun 11, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Bill Adams at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Your search for true happiness is over