Thomas Merton - Steward of Silence
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FRANKLIN, TN (JANUARY 11, 2008) - Saturday, January 19, 2008 at 9 am ó 5 pm. In a time of great noise, Thomas Merton's way of silence is alive and well. An intentional examination of this once-worldly pilgrim's life and contemplative practice signals the beginning of our 2008 retreat season: Stewardship Speaks. We will examine Merton's life and final days through video, written texts and of course, silence and contemplation. We hope you enjoy this alternative to our traditional winter retreat on Merton's silence contemporary, Henri Nouwen.
Leader: Dan Phillips has more than two decades of experience as a minister, chaplain and counselor ó particularly to patients with terminal illnesses and their families. He has taught courses to nursing homes and churches on death and dying. As a writer, his publications have been printed in more than two dozen periodicals, literary journals and newspapers. He is a frequent retreat leader on Merton, issues of Spiritual Development and Spiritual Journaling as a means of keeping track of God's movement in one's life. He is a graduate of Tennessee Technological University and Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Presently, he is a chaplain at Centennial Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee.
http://penuelridge.org/events TN, US
Dan Phillips - Leader, 615 5547129
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Concert Series Concludes with Letís Sing!
- Picking Up Where John Paul II Left Off
- FOUR PAULINE BOOKS & MEDIA TITLES AMONG ACP AWARD FINALISTS
- Saint Faustina Drama Comes to Historic Baltimore Church
- Massive Online Open Seminar on Women Deacons June 9-July 8, 2014
- Akron General Hosptial namesWalsh University Student is 2014 Outstanding Student Nurse of the Year
- Dr. Ben Carson Praises Vitae's 'Compassionate' Efforts
- Irish Indie Chart Topper for Good Friday 2014
- 'Life as a Sister'--A Unique Website Goes Live
- The CatholicTV Network to Provide Canonization Coverage