Rev. Lucien Deiss, Renowned Scripture Scholar and Expert on Liturgical Music, Dies at age 86.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FRANKLIN PARK, IL, OCTOBER 11, 2007 - On Tuesday, October 9, 2007, Reverend Lucien Deiss, C.S.Sp., celebrated what he often referred to as "the most joyful day of my life" in returning home to be with his Lord. His funeral will be celebrated on Saturday, October 13 at Seminaire des Missiones in Larue, France.
Father Deiss, a native of France and resident of the Seminaire des Missiones in Larue, France, was a pastor, liturgist, composer, author, and international lecturer. Best known to Roman Catholics in the United States through his scriptural songs such as "All the Earth" "Keep in Mind" and "Grant to Us, O Lord," Father Deiss was also widely known in Europe and the U.S. as a scholar in the fields of Sacred Scripture and Patristics. He was selected by Pope Paul VI to coordinate the Lectionary psalter following the Second Vatican Council. His "Biblical Hymns and Psalms" was the first significant way that millions of Catholics in the U.S. came to sing the Word of God and treasure it in their hearts. For this he was given an honorary Doctorate in Sacred Music from Duquesne University.
A tireless advocate of the reforms of Vatican II, Father Deiss continually encouraged those who worked in liturgical reform in the United States to remain fervent in prayer to the Holy Spirit, and he dedicated much of his life to liturgical catechesis through workshops and the well-known "Deiss days" sponsored by his publisher World Library Publications (WLP), then known as World Library of Sacred Music. He was, above all, a man of prayer, dedicated to the celebration of the Eucharist, and was always filled with a gentle and loving humor.
"We at World Library Publications mourn the passing of Father Deiss, and share in his joy as he lives and sings for all ages in the eternal light of his Risen Savior," shares Mary Prete, General Manager of WLP.
More information about Father Deiss' life, ministry, and published works is available at www.wlpmusic.com.
World Library Publications
http://www.wlpmusic.com IL, US
Jennifer Odegard - Assistant Director of Marketing, 847 233-2800
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- When Pope Francis Arrives in North America, There is Only One Network to Watch: EWTN Global Catholic
- The Synod on the Family: Addressing the Instrumentum Laboris
- GHIRELLI'S WORLD MEETING OF FAMILIES ROSARIES NOW AVAILABLE
- OCP Artist, Pedro Rubalcava, Writes Song for Pope Francis' Visit
- Pre-Synod Conference unites Cardinals and men and women living with homosexual tendencies
- The Rigging of a Vatican Synod
- 17 Cardinals and Counting
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary