Rev. Lucien Deiss, Renowned Scripture Scholar and Expert on Liturgical Music, Dies at age 86.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FRANKLIN PARK, IL, OCTOBER 11, 2007 - On Tuesday, October 9, 2007, Reverend Lucien Deiss, C.S.Sp., celebrated what he often referred to as “the most joyful day of my life” in returning home to be with his Lord. His funeral will be celebrated on Saturday, October 13 at Seminaire des Missiones in Larue, France.
Father Deiss, a native of France and resident of the Seminaire des Missiones in Larue, France, was a pastor, liturgist, composer, author, and international lecturer. Best known to Roman Catholics in the United States through his scriptural songs such as “All the Earth” “Keep in Mind” and “Grant to Us, O Lord,” Father Deiss was also widely known in Europe and the U.S. as a scholar in the fields of Sacred Scripture and Patristics. He was selected by Pope Paul VI to coordinate the Lectionary psalter following the Second Vatican Council. His “Biblical Hymns and Psalms” was the first significant way that millions of Catholics in the U.S. came to sing the Word of God and treasure it in their hearts. For this he was given an honorary Doctorate in Sacred Music from Duquesne University.
A tireless advocate of the reforms of Vatican II, Father Deiss continually encouraged those who worked in liturgical reform in the United States to remain fervent in prayer to the Holy Spirit, and he dedicated much of his life to liturgical catechesis through workshops and the well-known “Deiss days” sponsored by his publisher World Library Publications (WLP), then known as World Library of Sacred Music. He was, above all, a man of prayer, dedicated to the celebration of the Eucharist, and was always filled with a gentle and loving humor.
”We at World Library Publications mourn the passing of Father Deiss, and share in his joy as he lives and sings for all ages in the eternal light of his Risen Savior,” shares Mary Prete, General Manager of WLP.
More information about Father Deiss’ life, ministry, and published works is available at www.wlpmusic.com.
World Library Publications
http://www.wlpmusic.com IL, US
Jennifer Odegard - Assistant Director of Marketing, 847 233-2800
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters
- Something Other Than God nominated for Best Memoir & Autobiography in Goodreads 2014 Choice Awards