Hispanic Ministry at CTU - Celebrating 25 years
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHICAGO, IL, OCTOBER 2, 2007 - For 25 years Catholic Theological Union has offered courses in Hispanic Ministry to provide theological education that is historically, culturally, and religiously grounded in the US Latino/a context and experience. These courses are directed toward both Hispanic and non-Hispanic persons who are interested in ministry with the rapidly growing U.S. Latino/Hispanic communities.
To celebrate, CTU presents Mesa y Mensaje to be held on October 12th beginning at 6:30 p.m. at CTU's new academic and conference center at 5416 S. COrnell Avenue, Chicago, IL. Mesa y Menasje when translated means meal and message. This event is a dinning experience featuring Chicago's very own Chef Enrique Cortes who will be preparing Latin American cuisine of the seventeenth century which originated in monasteries and convents for feast day celebrations. Besides preparing our meal, Chef Enrique will explain the history of the delicacies.
In addition, the evening will begin with entertainment by the Holy Cross Marimba band (during the appetizer course), followed by 17th century music performed by SAVAE (San Antonio Vocal Arts Ensemble). SAVAE is the very popular world music recording ensemble. (www.savae.org) The art work of Oscar Romero will be on display along with The Gallery at CTU's "Un Trio de Voces" featuring the works of: Rene Hugo Arceo and Javier Chavira from Mexico as well as Mirtes Zwierzynski from Brazil. It is an event to stimulate the senses!
For a reservation email:,a href=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>email@example.com or for more information, please call 773-371-5531.
Catholic Theological Union
http://www.ctu.edu IL, US
Toni Callahan - marketing director, 773 371-5415
Lay Orders & Ministries
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- When Pope Francis Arrives in North America, There is Only One Network to Watch: EWTN Global Catholic
- The Synod on the Family: Addressing the Instrumentum Laboris
- GHIRELLI'S WORLD MEETING OF FAMILIES ROSARIES NOW AVAILABLE
- OCP Artist, Pedro Rubalcava, Writes Song for Pope Francis' Visit
- Pre-Synod Conference unites Cardinals and men and women living with homosexual tendencies
- The Rigging of a Vatican Synod
- 17 Cardinals and Counting
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary