Hispanic Ministry at CTU - Celebrating 25 years
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHICAGO, IL, OCTOBER 2, 2007 - For 25 years Catholic Theological Union has offered courses in Hispanic Ministry to provide theological education that is historically, culturally, and religiously grounded in the US Latino/a context and experience. These courses are directed toward both Hispanic and non-Hispanic persons who are interested in ministry with the rapidly growing U.S. Latino/Hispanic communities.
To celebrate, CTU presents Mesa y Mensaje to be held on October 12th beginning at 6:30 p.m. at CTU's new academic and conference center at 5416 S. COrnell Avenue, Chicago, IL. Mesa y Menasje when translated means meal and message. This event is a dinning experience featuring Chicago’s very own Chef Enrique Cortes who will be preparing Latin American cuisine of the seventeenth century which originated in monasteries and convents for feast day celebrations. Besides preparing our meal, Chef Enrique will explain the history of the delicacies.
In addition, the evening will begin with entertainment by the Holy Cross Marimba band (during the appetizer course), followed by 17th century music performed by SAVAE (San Antonio Vocal Arts Ensemble). SAVAE is the very popular world music recording ensemble. (www.savae.org) The art work of Oscar Romero will be on display along with The Gallery at CTU’s “Un Trio de Voces” featuring the works of: Rene Hugo Arceo and Javier Chavira from Mexico as well as Mirtes Zwierzynski from Brazil. It is an event to stimulate the senses!
For a reservation email:,a href=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>email@example.com or for more information, please call 773-371-5531.
Catholic Theological Union
http://www.ctu.edu IL, US
Toni Callahan - marketing director, 773 371-5415
Lay Orders & Ministries
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?