Hispanic Ministry at CTU - Celebrating 25 years
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHICAGO, IL, OCTOBER 2, 2007 - For 25 years Catholic Theological Union has offered courses in Hispanic Ministry to provide theological education that is historically, culturally, and religiously grounded in the US Latino/a context and experience. These courses are directed toward both Hispanic and non-Hispanic persons who are interested in ministry with the rapidly growing U.S. Latino/Hispanic communities.
To celebrate, CTU presents Mesa y Mensaje to be held on October 12th beginning at 6:30 p.m. at CTU's new academic and conference center at 5416 S. COrnell Avenue, Chicago, IL. Mesa y Menasje when translated means meal and message. This event is a dinning experience featuring Chicago’s very own Chef Enrique Cortes who will be preparing Latin American cuisine of the seventeenth century which originated in monasteries and convents for feast day celebrations. Besides preparing our meal, Chef Enrique will explain the history of the delicacies.
In addition, the evening will begin with entertainment by the Holy Cross Marimba band (during the appetizer course), followed by 17th century music performed by SAVAE (San Antonio Vocal Arts Ensemble). SAVAE is the very popular world music recording ensemble. (www.savae.org) The art work of Oscar Romero will be on display along with The Gallery at CTU’s “Un Trio de Voces” featuring the works of: Rene Hugo Arceo and Javier Chavira from Mexico as well as Mirtes Zwierzynski from Brazil. It is an event to stimulate the senses!
For a reservation email:,a href=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>email@example.com or for more information, please call 773-371-5531.
Catholic Theological Union
http://www.ctu.edu IL, US
Toni Callahan - marketing director, 773 371-5415
Lay Orders & Ministries
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Enter the world of beatniks, hippies … and singing monks?
- Pontiff and Prophet: Pope Paul VI predictions in On Human Life ring true throughout the world
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)
- Horrific tragedy inspires Catholic entrepreneur to create powerful novel
- Cardinal Raymond Burke: Synod’s mid-term report ‘lacks a solid foundation in the Sacred Scriptures'
- Little Sisters of the Poor Receive Franciscan University’s Poverello Medal
- Bring Mary of Nazareth home