World-Renowned Composer Dan Schutte in Concert in Maplewood, NJ
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MAPLEWOOD, NJ - SEPTEMBER 1, 2007 - St. Joseph Church in Maplewood, NJ, announces a concert with Dan Schutte, the world-renowned composer of music for worship and prayer. Some of his most popular songs include “Here I Am, Lord,” “Sing a New Song,” “City of God,” “You are Near” and “Table of Plenty,” just to name a few. His songs can be heard in churches throughout the world. For over 35 years, Dan has been sharing his gift of music and lyrics, and he continues to inspire with uplifting new compositions for liturgy and personal spirituality.
His concert will be an evening of reflection and music entitled “Prince of Peace.”
The concert will be Friday, September 28 at 8:00 PM at St. Joseph Church. It will be followed by a workshop the next morning, Saturday, September 29, 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM. His workshop, “Join in the Dance,” will explore ways of becoming a more welcoming and participating community in worship. It will be a chance to learn directly from Dan Schutte and have a more personal encounter with this fine composer. The workshop is not just for those involved in music ministry but for anyone who loves music and wants to feel more involved in their worship.
The price for the concert is $10.00 per person. The workshop is $20.00 per person. A combination ticket for both the concert and workshop registration is $25.00, saving you $5.00 if you attend both.
St. Joseph Church is accessible via several major roadways and public transportation. Ticket information, directions to the church and a registration form for the workshop are available at www.stjosephmaplewood.org, or by calling the parish at 973-761-5933.
If you would like to contact Dan Schutte for an interview or if you need more information of any kind, please contact Maureen Tauriello through the parish office or at email@example.com.
St. Joseph Church
767 Prospect Street
Maplewood, NJ 07040
St. Joseph's Church
http://www.stjosephmaplewood.org NJ, US
Dugan McGinley - Director of Liturgy and Music, 973 761-5933
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters
- Something Other Than God nominated for Best Memoir & Autobiography in Goodreads 2014 Choice Awards