60,057 Catholics Reject Da Vinci Code
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Hanover, Pennsylvania, March 30 –- The American Society for the Defense of Tradition, Family and Property TFP and its America Needs Fatima campaign have collected 60,057 signatures against the upcoming The Da Vinci Code movie. The organization is confident it will gather at least 100,000 protest letters and e-mails before May 19, when the blasphemous film is scheduled to hit theaters across the country.
“As faithful sons and daughters of the Church, it’s our duty to defend the honor of Our Lord whenever He is blasphemed,” said America Needs Fatima director Robert Ritchie. “And since The Da Vinci Code is a public blasphemy, our reparation and protest should be public.”
The TFP’s web site (www.tfp.org) invites readers to sign an online protest petition addressed to Columbia Pictures, producers of The Da Vinci Code movie.
“When the Romans fed innocent Christians to the lions and watched them get torn to shreds, they claimed it was entertainment. Today, persecution against the Faith continues in the form of blasphemy,” Ritchie remarked. “The Da Vinci Code attacks the Divinity of Christ, the Gospel, the Papacy and the holy mysteries of the Faith – and yet it too is being called entertainment.”
Among an array of books published on this controversial topic is Rejecting The Da Vinci Code, which challenges Dan Brown’s claims against the Church and makes people aware of the Gnostic doctrines interwoven into the plot. The title published by the TFP has received wide circulation and captured the interest and attention of numerous Catholics.
Fr. John Trigilio, President of the Confraternity of Catholic Clergy and EWTN host considered the book: “A brilliant, succinct, objective, accurate and convincing refutation of the prolific errors found in Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code.”
The Archbishop of St. Louis, Missouri, Most Rev. Raymond L. Burke, also appreciated the publication: “In a society marked by confusion and error about the most fundamental truths, Rejecting The Da Vinci Code is a light in the darkness. This timely volume helps those who may be deceived by the falsehoods in Dan Brown’s book to adhere to the truth. It is a great gift for our time.”
Tradition Family Property TFP
http://www.tfp.org/davincicode/index.htm PA, US
John Ritchie - Student Action Director, 717 225-7147
Da Vinci Code
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RealOptions Presents Rachel’s Vineyard Retreats
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus again No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart
- The CatholicTV Network to air Feature on the Fine Arts Summer Academy
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordinations to the Priesthood for the Archdiocese of Boston
- Live Web Event with Scott Hahn
- New Book by IPS Brings together Psychologists, Theologians and Philosophers to 'Build the Bridge'
- Remembering Fr. Kapaun and all our fallen heroes on Memorial Day
- First U.S. Publisher to Speak at Canadian Catholic Schools Convention
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous