OCP brings music to South Korea’s Asian Youth Day
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PORTLAND, OR / DAEJEON, South Korea (August 5, 2014) - From August 13-17, two thousand young adults will flood the South Korean diocese of Daejeon to take part in the 6th Asian Youth Day. Helping them celebrate and explore their Catholic roots through song will be the U.S.-based, not-for-profit music publisher, OCP (Oregon Catholic Press).
OCP is providing music and support for many of the events taking place over the weeklong offshoot of World Youth Day, including music selections for the closing Mass to be celebrated with Pope Francis who will be visiting in coordination with the beatification of 124 Korean martyrs.
“I am honored to attend the Asian Youth Day events and learn more about the Korean Catholic Church especially when Pope Francis is visiting,” says Oregon Catholic Press Director of Music Development and Outreach, Eric Schumock. "OCP has been providing English and multilingual music written with solid Catholic theology to many countries in Asia, but this is our first large effort to serve Korean Catholics. The Catholic Church in Asia is growing rapidly, and music is a powerful way we can support the evangelization that is occurring.”
OCP will provide English and bilingual (English/Korean) music for the Youth Day events as well as English lyric videos to help participants learn each song. The selections include the popular Mass setting, Mass of Christ the Savior, by iconic composer Dan Schutte as well as several other songs that speak to the Asian Youth Day theme “Asian Youth! Wake up! The glory of the martyrs shines on you!”
Schumock continues, “Curtis Stephan’s song ‘Go Out, Go Out’ which will be sung at the Asian Youth Day closing Mass paraphrases Psalm 117 ‘Go out, go out to all the world and tell the Good News, tell the Good, Good News!’ The world will be watching Korea while Pope Francis is there and this song especially calls the Asian youth to action.”
To learn more about OCP’s contribution to Asian Youth Day, please contact Erin McClellan, email@example.com, 503.460.5363. Visit OCP’s YouTube channel, OCPLive to watch videos created for the event.
OCP,a not-for-profit publisher of liturgical music and worship resources, has been in operation for more than 90 years. Their worship programs are used in more than two-thirds of Catholic churches in the United States and are distributed worldwide. More information is available at 1-800-LITURGY (548-8749) and ocp.org. Find OCP on facebook at facebook.com/OCPmusic.
OCP (Oregon Catholic Press)
http://www.ocp.org OR, 97213 US
Erin McClellan - PR/MarCom Specialist, 503.460.5363
OCP, Oregon Catholic Press, Asian Youth Day, South Korea, Korean Martyrs, Pope Francis, Music
International Archdiocese & Diocese
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Holy Spirit Catholic School Open House
- 100+ Priests & Deacons Gather in Rome for International Conference Confraternities of Catholic Clerg
- Honor y Gloria a Él Inspires with Songs of Hope and Adoration
- Catholic Clergy issue Joint Statement on Marriage
- March for Life 2015; Franciscan University Students Prepare the Celebrate 'Every Gift Is a Gift'
- Sacred Psalm Texts and Latin Rhythm Combine In New Bilingual Album
- Dr. Janet Smith the Present Catholic Teaching on Reproductive Technologies
- Concert Features Music and Verse from the Middle Ages to Today
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance