Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BOSTON, MA (July 3, 2014) - Pauline Books & Media, the publishing house of the Daughters of St. Paul, received four awards from the Catholic Press Association at the Catholic Media Conference in Charlotte, NC.
The judges recognized three children’s titles and one adult title at the conference, with two titles receiving first place awards and two receiving second place.
First place in the Family Life category is the children’s guidebook, When Parents Divorce or Separate: I Can Get Through This by Lynn Cassella-Kapusinski, released in October 2013.
“This is a valuable resource for children of divorce,” said the judges. “The easy and attractive format leads the young person through stories, checklists, exercises and prayer designed to help identify and deal with feelings, changes and concerns that a child of divorce must deal with.”
Shepherds to the Rescue by Sr. Maria Grace Dateno, released in August 2013, received first place for Children’s Books. This book is the first in the six-book Gospel Time Trekkers series.
“Start of a fun series, action-packed, realistic in language and tone, interesting storyline, good illustrations,” commented the judges.
Published in August 2013, a.k.a. genius by Marilee Haynes received second place in the Teen and Young Adult Category.
“Written in a real voice,” said the judges. “The struggles of the main character to overcome his fears and insecurities are issues many teens deal with on a daily basis. Both middle schoolers and high school students would enjoy reading this.”
In Popular Presentation of the Catholic Faith, When Faith Feels Fragile: Help for the Wary, Weak and Wandering by Fr. R. Scott Hurd, released in October 2013, received second place.
The judges commented, “The author’s simple thesis is that faith needs to be nurtured if it is to thrive in the individual, and his book illuminates the opportunities for doing so that are inherent in the very ordinariness of life itself. It is an easy-to read invitation to personal growth.”
For press inquiries, please contact Cathy Knipper, Publicist, at 617-676-4490 ext. 4271 or email@example.com. All four books are available for purchase at www.pauline.org.
Pauline Books & Media is the publishing house of the Daughters of St. Paul, an international congregation of women religious, whose mission is evangelization through the means of social communication. They operate thirteen retail book centers in North America and a publishing and distribution facility in Boston, Massachusetts.
Pauline Books & Media
http://www.pauline.org MA, 02130 US
Cathy Knipper - Marketing Associate/Publicist, 617-676-4490 ext4271
CPA, a.k.a Genius, When Parents Divorce or Separate, When Faith Feels Fragile, Gospel Time Trekkers
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Holy Spirit Catholic School Open House
- 100+ Priests & Deacons Gather in Rome for International Conference Confraternities of Catholic Clerg
- Honor y Gloria a Él Inspires with Songs of Hope and Adoration
- Catholic Clergy issue Joint Statement on Marriage
- March for Life 2015; Franciscan University Students Prepare the Celebrate 'Every Gift Is a Gift'
- Sacred Psalm Texts and Latin Rhythm Combine In New Bilingual Album
- Dr. Janet Smith the Present Catholic Teaching on Reproductive Technologies
- Concert Features Music and Verse from the Middle Ages to Today
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance