Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BOSTON, MA (July 3, 2014) - Pauline Books & Media, the publishing house of the Daughters of St. Paul, received four awards from the Catholic Press Association at the Catholic Media Conference in Charlotte, NC.
The judges recognized three children’s titles and one adult title at the conference, with two titles receiving first place awards and two receiving second place.
First place in the Family Life category is the children’s guidebook, When Parents Divorce or Separate: I Can Get Through This by Lynn Cassella-Kapusinski, released in October 2013.
“This is a valuable resource for children of divorce,” said the judges. “The easy and attractive format leads the young person through stories, checklists, exercises and prayer designed to help identify and deal with feelings, changes and concerns that a child of divorce must deal with.”
Shepherds to the Rescue by Sr. Maria Grace Dateno, released in August 2013, received first place for Children’s Books. This book is the first in the six-book Gospel Time Trekkers series.
“Start of a fun series, action-packed, realistic in language and tone, interesting storyline, good illustrations,” commented the judges.
Published in August 2013, a.k.a. genius by Marilee Haynes received second place in the Teen and Young Adult Category.
“Written in a real voice,” said the judges. “The struggles of the main character to overcome his fears and insecurities are issues many teens deal with on a daily basis. Both middle schoolers and high school students would enjoy reading this.”
In Popular Presentation of the Catholic Faith, When Faith Feels Fragile: Help for the Wary, Weak and Wandering by Fr. R. Scott Hurd, released in October 2013, received second place.
The judges commented, “The author’s simple thesis is that faith needs to be nurtured if it is to thrive in the individual, and his book illuminates the opportunities for doing so that are inherent in the very ordinariness of life itself. It is an easy-to read invitation to personal growth.”
For press inquiries, please contact Cathy Knipper, Publicist, at 617-676-4490 ext. 4271 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All four books are available for purchase at www.pauline.org.
Pauline Books & Media is the publishing house of the Daughters of St. Paul, an international congregation of women religious, whose mission is evangelization through the means of social communication. They operate thirteen retail book centers in North America and a publishing and distribution facility in Boston, Massachusetts.
Pauline Books & Media
http://www.pauline.org MA, 02130 US
Cathy Knipper - Marketing Associate/Publicist, 617-676-4490 ext4271
CPA, a.k.a Genius, When Parents Divorce or Separate, When Faith Feels Fragile, Gospel Time Trekkers
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards
- Free listing of church music job openings on Facebook
- CMA doctors hail Supreme Court mandate ruling, decry ongoing targeting of faith community