Diocese of Ferns Ireland takes Worldpriest to its heart
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW YORK, NY (June 25, 2014) - Mother Teresa of Calcutta said “Pray much for priests, for we need holy priests”. The Diocese of Ferns, founded in 598 A.D. by St Aidan, has taken this advice to heart in a big way this year. Feverish plans are underway in preparation for Worldpriestday, the brainchild of Marion Mulhall who is originally from Enniscorthy in County Wexford. The beautiful and historic Marian Shrine of Our Lady’s Island, Wexford, Ireland is the venue at 8pm on Friday, June 27th as we take over the rosary relay from Cardigan in Wales and hand over to Portland, Oregon at 8.30pm.
The first planning meeting was held on April 11th in Bishop’s House attended by people from the local shrine committee and others from the wider diocese.
Since then the following has happened:
•Posters have been put up around the parishes
•Interviews and announcements made on the local radio through the Christian Media Trust
•Bishop Brennan has sent a letter of support to priests and encouraged them to attend. He will be there himself.
•Notices have been put in to parish newsletters
•Buses are being organised
•Individual invitations are being sent to all priests
•Lay people are being invited and asked to mention it to their own priest
•Local prayer groups and the Diocesan Adoration Committee are spreading the word
•It has been publicised through extensive cell phone text system
•South East Radio a local Radio channel frequency 95.6 to 96.4 FM has agreed to broadcast it live also available on WorldpriestRadio at (GMT) 19.00 local (20.00).
•Individual candles will be lit for each priest of the entire Diocese also Priests from the Dioceses in mission lands.
•Practical arrangements are being made at the shrine to ensure everything runs smoothly
There is a feeling that this is a very imaginative and timely initiative as Ferns Diocese emerges from a turbulent time.
As one priest said “It’s very welcome and necessary”.
We look forward to joining with the 84 venues around the globe on Friday 27, the feast of the Sacred Heart, to affirm, support and inspire our priests. As an anonymous poem puts it “You came from among us to be, for us, one who serves”.
Pray the Rosary, unite with your Country and help encircle the world in prayer.
List of shrines available on request from email@example.com or on line.
firstname.lastname@example.org Visit Media centre at www.worldpriest.com for full Global details.
www.worldpriest.com NY, 10022 US
Marion Mulhall - Founder, 2122318265
Prayer, Priests, Our Lady,the Eucharist, The Rosary
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?