New Irish Book on JPII
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CORK, IRELAND (March 4, 2014) - New Irish book on Pope John Paul II coming to a book store near you. "The intention of this volume is to introduce John Paul to a new public, a younger generation... this volume is a fitting tribute both to his memory and to the enduring effect of his papacy." said Archbishop Charles Browne, Papal Nuncio to Ireland, who will launch the new publication in Knock Shrine on April 27th.
The reason for the timing, of the release, is John Paul's canonization, by Pope Francis, that week-end, in Rome.
Divided into twenty-three short, readable chapters, this book enables readers of all backgrounds to understand better St John Paul's various writings:
Breda O'Brien (Journalist) writes on John Paul II and the dignity of women. Ray Kinsella (UCD), recounts his mission for world peace. Ryan Connolly (Student) comments on his 'Letter to Artists', while John Waters (Writer) addresses his thoughts on the worker. Fr. Alan O' Sullivan explains John Paul's hugely significant restatement of Catholic teaching on sexuality, 'the Theology of the Body', while Niamh Uí Bhriain (Life Institute) outlines his teaching on life issues and human dignity. Fr Gerard Dolan writes on John Paul II and the Eucharist. Gareth Carroll (Youth 2000) discusses the 'World Youth Day' phenomenon.
Dominican Order of Preacher
http://onexone.ie/new-irish-book-on-jpii/ , 0000 IE
Fr. Maurice Colgan - Priest, 0035321 450 3187
Pope John Paul II, Book Launch Ireland, Knock Shrine
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Crosier Order elects master general and councilors
- Indie Catholic Authors June Ebook Sale Offers the Faithful 17 Books Outside the Mainstream
- World Library Publications Honored With Three Paul Revere Awards
- Limitless Love in Action: First Steubenville Youth Conference Inspires Teens to Bring the Fire Home
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Athletic Director Enshrined in Sports Faith Hall of Fame
- AWARD-WINNING CATHOLIC AUTHORS TEAM-UP TO PROMOTE HEALING THROUGH FORGIVENESS
- NY CONCERT FOR NEPAL 5/31
- Who's responsible for designing the designer?
- Thu, Jun 11, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Bill Adams at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Your search for true happiness is over