Catholic Organists finally get their own hymn book.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ENGLEWOOD, TN (May 30, 2104) - Hymnbooks are for singers - íA Catholic Organist's Book of Hymns" is for organists.
Hymns are hard to play, but playing them from hymnbooks makes it even harder. The important information that an organist needs to play hymns effectively is missing from hymnbooks.
In laymanís terms, published hymnbooks from the organistís viewpoint are like a recipes for bread that lists the ingredients, flour, water, yeast and salt but end there - nothing about kneading, rising and baking or even the temperature of the oven.
Most organists have never had any lessons in playing the organ much less specialized training in playing hymns at the organ. Many organists started out playing the piano and were ďdraftedĒ into playing the organ only when a trained organist could not be found. And trained organists are today getting harder and harder to find by both Protestant and Catholic churches.
Hymn playing at the organ is not easy. It can be as difficult as playing challenging music for the organ by Johann Sebastian Bach. Certain special techniques can be taught to organists who study the organ and want to learn to play hymns. The hymn playing techniques they learn make a dramatic improvement in hymn singing by a congregation. They improve the rhythmic flow in your hymn playing. This makes hymns easier for your congregation to sing. But few organists have the time and money it takes to takes lessons with an experienced organist, if they can even find one in their area.
There is a very simple way for organists to quickly master the art of hymn playing without taking advanced courses And we are not sure why it has never been done.
Why not publish a hymnbook for organists that has the hymns written out exactly the way they should be played on the organ?
Frog Music Press is doing just that, showing organists what to play, how to play it and what stops to use. But Frog Music Press has gone even further than that.† Included is an easier organ version of the hymn to play;† a melody and chords version;† and last of all, a chorale prelude on the hymn.
The book also contains a tutorial on hymn playing so organists can better understand the techniques involved in hymn playing and what makes them effective.
A Catholic Book of Hymns is available as an electronic book that can be printed or even played from a computer tablet or iPad sitting on your organ music rack. A printed and bound version is in development as well.†
This book was created by an organist who has served as organist and choir director in the USA, Germany, and Italy.
For more information visit www.frogmusic.com or call 423 887 7594.
Frog Music Press
http://www.frogmusic.com TN, 37329 US
Noel Jones - Creative Director,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Mediaís Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards
- Free listing of church music job openings on Facebook