New Teen Novel Explores Celiac Disease; THEOLOGY of the BODY
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BOSTON, MA (February 3, 2014) - Pauline Books & Media is pleased to announce the release of Ten Commandments for Kissing Gloria Jean. This debut teen novel by author Britt Leigh features fourteen-year-old heroine, Gloria Jean Wisnewski.
Kirkus Reviews call it: "A nicely balanced, believable and interesting view into adolescence, sex education and the power of faith." (Dec 2013)
Eighth-grader Gloria Jean dreams of her first kiss, devising her own set of unspoken "commandments" for this much-anticipated event. Complicating Gloria Jean's quest for her coveted first kiss are boys, mandatory sex-ed classes, advice from her friends, hovering parents and the recurring stomach "Troubles" that have her repeating the first year of Confirmation instruction in a classroom of seventh-graders. While trying to sort through the meaning of STIs, STDs, ToB and the four F's, a life-altering diagnosis of celiac disease threatens to waylay all her plans.
Catapulted into a world where being a Catholic means she will no longer be able to receive the Eucharistic host, Gloria Jean ultimately learns that relying on faith to make difficult choices just might change who we are.
Britt Leigh holds a certificate in catechesis from the Theological Institute for the New Evangelization at St. John's Seminary, a master of fine arts in writing for children from Simmons College, and two degrees from the University of Florida. The author describes herself as a Floridian by birth but Bostonian at heart, and blogs at brittleighbooks.com.
To schedule an author interview or for other press inquiries, please contact Cathy G. Knipper, Publicist, at 617-676-4490 ext. 4271 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Ten Commandments for Kissing Gloria Jean is available for purchase at store.pauline.org.
Pauline Books & Media is the publishing house of the Daughters of St. Paul, an international congregation of women religious, whose mission is evangelization through the means of social communication. They operate thirteen retail book centers in North America and a publishing and distribution facility in Boston, Massachusetts.
Pauline Books & Media
http://www.paulinemedia.com MA, 02130 US
Cathy Knipper - Marketing Associate/Publicist, 617-676-4490 ext4271
celiac disease, Theology of the Body, ToB, Confirmation; Ten Commandments, Pauline Books & Media
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- 17 Cardinals and Counting
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary
- Thu, Sept 24, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian Our Lady of Grace Catholic Chu
- How do we live the truth in love when the culture says we're haters?
- Grief, Death, Eternal Life Explored in New Catholic Title by PBM
- Right Next to Disneyland: Theater Meets Faith
- OCP Parish Grant Program to Distribute $200,000 to U.S. Parishes
- Franciscan University Joins With UK School to Offer Online Master of Catechetics Degree