New Teen Novel Explores Celiac Disease; THEOLOGY of the BODY
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BOSTON, MA (February 3, 2014) - Pauline Books & Media is pleased to announce the release of Ten Commandments for Kissing Gloria Jean. This debut teen novel by author Britt Leigh features fourteen-year-old heroine, Gloria Jean Wisnewski.
Kirkus Reviews call it: "A nicely balanced, believable and interesting view into adolescence, sex education and the power of faith." (Dec 2013)
Eighth-grader Gloria Jean dreams of her first kiss, devising her own set of unspoken "commandments" for this much-anticipated event. Complicating Gloria Jean's quest for her coveted first kiss are boys, mandatory sex-ed classes, advice from her friends, hovering parents and the recurring stomach "Troubles" that have her repeating the first year of Confirmation instruction in a classroom of seventh-graders. While trying to sort through the meaning of STIs, STDs, ToB and the four F's, a life-altering diagnosis of celiac disease threatens to waylay all her plans.
Catapulted into a world where being a Catholic means she will no longer be able to receive the Eucharistic host, Gloria Jean ultimately learns that relying on faith to make difficult choices just might change who we are.
Britt Leigh holds a certificate in catechesis from the Theological Institute for the New Evangelization at St. John's Seminary, a master of fine arts in writing for children from Simmons College, and two degrees from the University of Florida. The author describes herself as a Floridian by birth but Bostonian at heart, and blogs at brittleighbooks.com.
To schedule an author interview or for other press inquiries, please contact Cathy G. Knipper, Publicist, at 617-676-4490 ext. 4271 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Ten Commandments for Kissing Gloria Jean is available for purchase at store.pauline.org.
Pauline Books & Media is the publishing house of the Daughters of St. Paul, an international congregation of women religious, whose mission is evangelization through the means of social communication. They operate thirteen retail book centers in North America and a publishing and distribution facility in Boston, Massachusetts.
Pauline Books & Media
http://www.paulinemedia.com MA, 02130 US
Cathy Knipper - Marketing Associate/Publicist, 617-676-4490 ext4271
celiac disease, Theology of the Body, ToB, Confirmation; Ten Commandments, Pauline Books & Media
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe
- Experience Beloved: Finding happiness in marriage
- Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts to participate in 'Beloved' telepress conference
- Catholic toymaker puts Faith in hands and mouths of babies: Pope Francis doll added to line of toys
- Nobis Media, Marketing & Web Development Company
- Concert Series Concludes with Winthrop University World Percussion Ensemble
- Birth Choice Health Clinics Announces Transition to Obria Medical Clinics and Plans for Expansion
- OCP releases expanded edition of Mass of the Sacred Heart