Mother Teresa Award Winner Performs 3,750 Shows
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
KALAMAZOO, MI (January 14, 2014) - Bob Rowe, a recipient of the 2006 Mother Teresa Award, is celebrating 25 years entertaining the elderly in nursing and care facilities around the country. Every year since 1988, he has performed 150 shows a year, bringing smiles to the faces of thousands of senior citizens, “many of whom suffer in silence the pain and agony of loneliness,” he said.
The Mother Teresa Award, sponsored by the St. Bernadette Institute of Sacred Art, was given to Bob for his work serving the elderly through his music. Other recipients of the award in 2006 included Maya Angelou, the Dalai Lama, Andrea Bocelli, President Vaclav Havel, Nelson Mandela, and Elie Wiesel.
Bob and Mother Teresa became fast friends and corresponded quite often until her death in 1997. In fact, the Vatican has asked Bob for copies of those letters to be used in her cause for canonization.
On hearing of Bob’s work with the elderly, Mother Teresa wrote this in one of her many letters to him:
“Your work of love in nursing homes, hospitals and for the aged, the neglected and the forgotten is truly the work of peace, for the fruit of love is service and the fruit of service is peace. Works of love like yours bring one face to face with God. Continue to use music to make the presence of God-His love and compassion better known to those in need-His little ones who have forgotten to smile. My prayer is with you in a special way and also with all connected with Renaissance Enterprises.”
Bob founded Renaissance Enterprises in 1988 to bring the love of God -- through music and the arts -- to our nation’s nursing homes and other senior-care facilities to help relieve some of the loneliness, suffering and despair that can exist in some of those environments.
Some of the biggest names in American music count themselves as fans and supporters of Bob’s work: Peter Yarrow (of Peter, Paul & Mary), Joan Baez, Janis Ian, Mimi Farina and Melba Moore.
Bob has recorded over 22 albums and published hundreds of songs as well as numerous poetry compilations and songbooks.
“My dream is to take my ministry around the world, to brighten the spirits of those who sit alone day after day, hoping to hear a kind word or a familiar voice,” Bob said.
If you’d like to support Bob’s work with the elderly, and/or to invite him to play at a senior care facility in your neighborhood, visit his website at http://bobrowemusic.com/
Bob Rowe, musician, Renaissance Enterprises, Mother Teresa
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Defending Traditional Marriage: Dr. Ryan Anderson Presents Marriage and the State
- Catawba River Baroque Featured at Gaudium Musicae
- DUFFY BOOK GIVES HOPE TO DIVORCED CATHOLICS
- Walsh University Hosts Third Annual Catholic Schools Photo Contest
- Internationally Published Author, Chris Benguhe Releases his Latest Book, The Best of A Better View.
- Power and Purpose Summer Conference
- Former Planned Parenthood employee is Redeemed by Grace
- The Third Edition of Clean of Heart is Now Available Through Createspace
- Thu, Mar 19, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Charles Lueras, Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Media Alert: Live Web Chat With Former Planned Parenthood Manager Ramona Treviño