Walsh University Announces 2nd Annual Catholic Schools Week National Photo Contest
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NORTH CANTON, OH (January 9, 2014) - Walsh University is pleased to announce the second annual Catholic Schools Week national photo contest.
Catholic schools have a rich, storied history of providing academic excellence within a solid faith tradition. In honor of this history and the theme of Catholic Schools Week 2014, "Catholic Schools: Communities of Faith, Knowledge and Service", Catholic high school students nationwide are invited to submit a photo that best captures what Catholic education means to them. A panel of judges will select the photo that best embraces the spirit of Catholic Schools Week. Catholic Schools Week is January 26-Februry 1, 2014.
The winning photo will be part of a 2015 marketing campaign that celebrates Catholic Schools Week. The winning student submission will receive a $500 cash prize. Two runners-up will receive $250 each. In addition, the school with the winning photograph will be presented with a $500 grant to be used for programming in that school. The 2013 national contest, sponsored by Walsh, welcomed over 100 entries from a 10-state area.
Contest terms include:
• Participants must currently be enrolled in a U.S. Catholic high school, grades 9-12
• Email submissions have to include the student's full name, current school, grade level, phone number and address to be eligible
• Submissions are limited to one photo per student
• No retouched, filtered or software-manipulated photos permitted
• Photos may be submitted January 27 - April 1, 2014
• Winners will be announced April 15, 2014
For detailed rules and submission information go to www.walsh.edu/csw.
Walsh University is an independent, coeducational Catholic liberal arts and sciences institution that promotes academic excellence and diversity and provides close faculty-student interaction. It is dedicated to teaching its more than 3,000 students from 15 states and 31 countries to become leaders in service to others through a values-based education with an international perspective in the Judeo-Christian tradition.
http://www.walsh.edu/csw. OH, 44720 US
Kelly A Campbell - Director of University Relations, 330.490.7296
walsh university, catholic schools, catholic education, photo contest
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- The Rigging of a Vatican Synod
- 17 Cardinals and Counting
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary
- Thu, Sept 24, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian Our Lady of Grace Catholic Chu
- How do we live the truth in love when the culture says we're haters?
- Grief, Death, Eternal Life Explored in New Catholic Title by PBM
- Right Next to Disneyland: Theater Meets Faith
- OCP Parish Grant Program to Distribute $200,000 to U.S. Parishes