Iran: More Christians arrested
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
GREAT BRITAIN (January 1, 2014) - The Iranian regime has once again intensified of its crackdown on Christians in Iran.
Five more Christians were arrested at a Church in Tehran during a religious ceremony.
On Tuesday, December 24, security forces and plainclothes agents raided the home of a Christian engineer, arresting him and several other Christians. Those detained were identified as Hosseini, Ahmad Baziar, Faeghe Nasrollahi, Mastaneh Rastegari and Amir Hossein Nematollahi.
The agents also searched the house and confiscated their books, CDs, computer laptops and a satellite receiver.
Following the arrest, security forces also approached a neighbor who was watching the scene and tried to intimidate him into keeping silent. Currently, there is no information on the whereabouts of these arrested Christians.
Previously, security forces in the central province of Alborz had raided and inspected homes of at least four Christians on December 15.
Media Strategy Consulting
http://www.ncr-iran.org/en/news/human-rights/15625-iran-more-christians-arrested AL, W1S 1YH GB
Eli Farham - Director,
christians, religious minorities, human rights, Iran, rouhani
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters
- Something Other Than God nominated for Best Memoir & Autobiography in Goodreads 2014 Choice Awards