Iran: More Christians arrested
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
GREAT BRITAIN (January 1, 2014) - The Iranian regime has once again intensified of its crackdown on Christians in Iran.
Five more Christians were arrested at a Church in Tehran during a religious ceremony.
On Tuesday, December 24, security forces and plainclothes agents raided the home of a Christian engineer, arresting him and several other Christians. Those detained were identified as Hosseini, Ahmad Baziar, Faeghe Nasrollahi, Mastaneh Rastegari and Amir Hossein Nematollahi.
The agents also searched the house and confiscated their books, CDs, computer laptops and a satellite receiver.
Following the arrest, security forces also approached a neighbor who was watching the scene and tried to intimidate him into keeping silent. Currently, there is no information on the whereabouts of these arrested Christians.
Previously, security forces in the central province of Alborz had raided and inspected homes of at least four Christians on December 15.
Media Strategy Consulting
http://www.ncr-iran.org/en/news/human-rights/15625-iran-more-christians-arrested AL, W1S 1YH GB
Eli Farham - Director,
christians, religious minorities, human rights, Iran, rouhani
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards