Iran: More Christians arrested
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
GREAT BRITAIN (January 1, 2014) - The Iranian regime has once again intensified of its crackdown on Christians in Iran.
Five more Christians were arrested at a Church in Tehran during a religious ceremony.
On Tuesday, December 24, security forces and plainclothes agents raided the home of a Christian engineer, arresting him and several other Christians. Those detained were identified as Hosseini, Ahmad Baziar, Faeghe Nasrollahi, Mastaneh Rastegari and Amir Hossein Nematollahi.
The agents also searched the house and confiscated their books, CDs, computer laptops and a satellite receiver.
Following the arrest, security forces also approached a neighbor who was watching the scene and tried to intimidate him into keeping silent. Currently, there is no information on the whereabouts of these arrested Christians.
Previously, security forces in the central province of Alborz had raided and inspected homes of at least four Christians on December 15.
Media Strategy Consulting
http://www.ncr-iran.org/en/news/human-rights/15625-iran-more-christians-arrested AL, W1S 1YH GB
Eli Farham - Director,
christians, religious minorities, human rights, Iran, rouhani
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Joy of the Gospel Retreat for Priests Offered
- Media Advisory - Cardinal, other experts participate in Tele-Press Conference
- Discover the Rich History of the Catholic Church in America
- Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial?
- Franciscan University Symposia to Celebrate 25 Years of John Paul II's Ex corde Ecclesiae
- Join RealOptions at Ignite Life 2014!
- New Edition of Writings by a Prophetic Pope
- George Weigel to Speak on Evangelical Catholicism and Higher Education
- Teacher Wins $3,000 Cash Prize for Catholic YA Novel
- 'Power of Beauty' Conference to Discuss Role of Beauty in Everyday Life