Iran: More Christians arrested
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
GREAT BRITAIN (January 1, 2014) - The Iranian regime has once again intensified of its crackdown on Christians in Iran.
Five more Christians were arrested at a Church in Tehran during a religious ceremony.
On Tuesday, December 24, security forces and plainclothes agents raided the home of a Christian engineer, arresting him and several other Christians. Those detained were identified as Hosseini, Ahmad Baziar, Faeghe Nasrollahi, Mastaneh Rastegari and Amir Hossein Nematollahi.
The agents also searched the house and confiscated their books, CDs, computer laptops and a satellite receiver.
Following the arrest, security forces also approached a neighbor who was watching the scene and tried to intimidate him into keeping silent. Currently, there is no information on the whereabouts of these arrested Christians.
Previously, security forces in the central province of Alborz had raided and inspected homes of at least four Christians on December 15.
Media Strategy Consulting
http://www.ncr-iran.org/en/news/human-rights/15625-iran-more-christians-arrested AL, W1S 1YH GB
Eli Farham - Director,
christians, religious minorities, human rights, Iran, rouhani
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Thu, Sept 25, 2014 - Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian at Our Lady of Grace Catholic
- Employment Opportunities with the LA Archdiocese
- Marriage and Family at the Forefront of Social Science Conference
- New books and key experts available in time for October Synod on Marriage and Family
- Franciscan University Reacts to Latest HHS Mandate Ruling
- Former Polish Prime Minister to Speak on Legacy of St. John Paul II
- Divine Mercy Drama Comes to Washington, DC
- Gospel of Mark — Ready, Set, Go! - September 6, 2014
- Come to the Sisters of Providence Fall Discernment Weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2014
- New Book Helps Readers Trust God with St. Therese's Little Way