Iran: More Christians arrested
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
GREAT BRITAIN (January 1, 2014) - The Iranian regime has once again intensified of its crackdown on Christians in Iran.
Five more Christians were arrested at a Church in Tehran during a religious ceremony.
On Tuesday, December 24, security forces and plainclothes agents raided the home of a Christian engineer, arresting him and several other Christians. Those detained were identified as Hosseini, Ahmad Baziar, Faeghe Nasrollahi, Mastaneh Rastegari and Amir Hossein Nematollahi.
The agents also searched the house and confiscated their books, CDs, computer laptops and a satellite receiver.
Following the arrest, security forces also approached a neighbor who was watching the scene and tried to intimidate him into keeping silent. Currently, there is no information on the whereabouts of these arrested Christians.
Previously, security forces in the central province of Alborz had raided and inspected homes of at least four Christians on December 15.
Media Strategy Consulting
http://www.ncr-iran.org/en/news/human-rights/15625-iran-more-christians-arrested AL, W1S 1YH GB
Eli Farham - Director,
christians, religious minorities, human rights, Iran, rouhani
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- EWTN PREMIERE: New StoryTel Film Explores Soldiers of Christ in America
- Crosiers offer novena for protection against Ebola virus
- Meet the enemy of big government: J.R.R. Tolkien
- Enter the world of beatniks, hippies … and singing monks?
- Pontiff and Prophet: Pope Paul VI predictions in On Human Life ring true throughout the world
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)
- Horrific tragedy inspires Catholic entrepreneur to create powerful novel