Pope Francis to Celebrate Bambinelli Sunday, December 15
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Cincinnati, OH (December 3, 2013) - All eyes will look to Rome, Sunday, December 15 as Pope Francis holds an event that celebrates children, Christmas and “bambinellis.” Pope Francis and the children of Rome will gather in St. Peter’s Square to bless their adorable bambinellis from their family’s Christmas crèches.
Amy Welborn, author of the new children's book, Bambinelli Sunday: A Christmas Blessing (http://catalog.franciscanmedia.org/Product.aspx?ProductCode=b36649), confirmed that Pope Francis would be celebrating the event this year. Here is the official announcement from the Italian site for “Benedizione die Bambinelli” (http://www.centrooratoriromani.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=413) or as Amy and illustrator Ann Engelhart refer to it in their new children's book, "Bambinelli Sunday."
What Is "Bambinelli Sunday?"
Each year on the Third Sunday of Advent, children gather with their families in St. Peter's Square for "Bambinelli Sunday." The children bring with them figures of the Christ Child -- the "Bambinelli" -- from their family's Nativity scene or precepe. During the noontime Angelus prayer, the pope blesses the children and the figurines they have brought.
The book Bambinelli Sunday: A Christmas Blessing tells the story of one little boy, Alessandro, and what he learns about family, faith, and love one special day. It is a beautifully illustrated story for children who love to assemble their Christmas creches each year.
U.S. Parishes Celebrate Bambinelli Sunday
Perhaps more parishes will adopt the practice of a day to bless bambinellis? Amy Welborn has a growing list of parishes and celebrations.
Of course, the big event will be on Sunday, December 15, with Pope Francis. Vatican watchers and photographers look forward to another colorful photo opportunity for Pope Francis with the children of Rome and their bambinellis!
To interview Amy Welborn or Ann Engelhart as experts about the upcoming papal event, Bambinelli Sunday, contact Chris Holmes (firstname.lastname@example.org 1-800-488-0488 x161) or Barbara Baker (email@example.com 1-800-488-0488 x101). More about Christmas and Advent at http://catalog.franciscanmedia.org/advent
http://catalog.franciscanmedia.org/advent OH, 45202 AF
Chris Holmes - , 800-488-0488
Pope Francis, Benedizione die Bambinelli, Bambinelli Sunday, Amy Welborn, Children Christmas
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Thu, Sept 25, 2014 - Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian at Our Lady of Grace Catholic
- Employment Opportunities with the LA Archdiocese
- Marriage and Family at the Forefront of Social Science Conference
- New books and key experts available in time for October Synod on Marriage and Family
- Franciscan University Reacts to Latest HHS Mandate Ruling
- Former Polish Prime Minister to Speak on Legacy of St. John Paul II
- Divine Mercy Drama Comes to Washington, DC
- Gospel of Mark — Ready, Set, Go! - September 6, 2014
- Come to the Sisters of Providence Fall Discernment Weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2014
- New Book Helps Readers Trust God with St. Therese's Little Way