Pope Francis to Celebrate Bambinelli Sunday, December 15
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Cincinnati, OH (December 3, 2013) - All eyes will look to Rome, Sunday, December 15 as Pope Francis holds an event that celebrates children, Christmas and “bambinellis.” Pope Francis and the children of Rome will gather in St. Peter’s Square to bless their adorable bambinellis from their family’s Christmas crèches.
Amy Welborn, author of the new children's book, Bambinelli Sunday: A Christmas Blessing (http://catalog.franciscanmedia.org/Product.aspx?ProductCode=b36649), confirmed that Pope Francis would be celebrating the event this year. Here is the official announcement from the Italian site for “Benedizione die Bambinelli” (http://www.centrooratoriromani.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=413) or as Amy and illustrator Ann Engelhart refer to it in their new children's book, "Bambinelli Sunday."
What Is "Bambinelli Sunday?"
Each year on the Third Sunday of Advent, children gather with their families in St. Peter's Square for "Bambinelli Sunday." The children bring with them figures of the Christ Child -- the "Bambinelli" -- from their family's Nativity scene or precepe. During the noontime Angelus prayer, the pope blesses the children and the figurines they have brought.
The book Bambinelli Sunday: A Christmas Blessing tells the story of one little boy, Alessandro, and what he learns about family, faith, and love one special day. It is a beautifully illustrated story for children who love to assemble their Christmas creches each year.
U.S. Parishes Celebrate Bambinelli Sunday
Perhaps more parishes will adopt the practice of a day to bless bambinellis? Amy Welborn has a growing list of parishes and celebrations.
Of course, the big event will be on Sunday, December 15, with Pope Francis. Vatican watchers and photographers look forward to another colorful photo opportunity for Pope Francis with the children of Rome and their bambinellis!
To interview Amy Welborn or Ann Engelhart as experts about the upcoming papal event, Bambinelli Sunday, contact Chris Holmes (firstname.lastname@example.org 1-800-488-0488 x161) or Barbara Baker (email@example.com 1-800-488-0488 x101). More about Christmas and Advent at http://catalog.franciscanmedia.org/advent
http://catalog.franciscanmedia.org/advent OH, 45202 AF
Chris Holmes - , 800-488-0488
Pope Francis, Benedizione die Bambinelli, Bambinelli Sunday, Amy Welborn, Children Christmas
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters
- Something Other Than God nominated for Best Memoir & Autobiography in Goodreads 2014 Choice Awards