A trip to another planet shatters assumptions
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276 or
Acclaimed author ventures into science fiction and fantasy with his tenth novel
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (November 23, 2013) – Picture it: 80 years in the future and the star closest to our solar system is reachable. An expedition is sent from Earth in the Kosmos, a great ship that is a “flying city,” according to main character Neil de Hoyos. This is the world Michael O’Brien has created in his tenth and latest novel, VOYAGE TO ALPHA CENTAURI.
Neil de Hoyos is a Nobel Prize-winning physicist who played a major role in designing the ship he’s on. He signed on for the trip because he wants to escape the seemingly benign totalitarian government that controls everything on his home planet of Earth. He’s a skeptical and quirky misanthropic humanist who has surprises awaiting him on the voyage — and the destination. His assumptions will be shattered, and he’ll be pointed to a new horizon.
Science fiction and fantasy literature are genres that have become dominant forces in contemporary worldwide culture. VOYAGE TO ALPHA CENTAURI explores vital questions about human nature and the cosmos, man’s image of himself and where he is going — and why he seeks to go there.
“Michael O’Brien is a superior spiritual story teller worthy to join the ranks of C.S. Lewis, Flannery O’Connor, Graham Greene, and Evelyn Waugh,” says Peter Kreeft, Ph.D., award-winning author, speaker, and professor at Boston College.
O’Brien is an iconographer, painter, and writer and has written many best-selling novels, including Father Elijah and The Father’s Tale. His novels have been translated into 12 languages and widely reviewed in both secular and religious media in North America and Europe. O’Brien lives in Ontario with his wife and family.
For more information, to request a review copy or to schedule an interview with Michael O’Brien, please contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications.
http://www.ignatius.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Michael O'Brien, Voyage to Alpha Centauri, Catholic, Ignatius Press, novels
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- EWTN PREMIERE: New StoryTel Film Explores Soldiers of Christ in America
- Crosiers offer novena for protection against Ebola virus
- Meet the enemy of big government: J.R.R. Tolkien
- Enter the world of beatniks, hippies … and singing monks?
- Pontiff and Prophet: Pope Paul VI predictions in On Human Life ring true throughout the world
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)
- Horrific tragedy inspires Catholic entrepreneur to create powerful novel