Franciscan University Ranked in Top 100 'Best Values' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (November 11, 2013) - For the third consecutive year, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance has ranked Franciscan University of Steubenville among the 100 “best values in private universities.”
Kiplinger’s researched 600 colleges and universities to find the top 100 private universities and top 100 liberal arts colleges that do the best job of providing academic quality and affordability. This year, Franciscan University placed 55th on the top 100 private universities list, which includes elite schools such as Harvard University, Yale University, Stanford University, University of Notre Dame, Johns Hopkins University, and many other national universities.
“It is an honor to be recognized by Kiplinger’s both for our academic excellence and for providing a quality education at a reasonable cost,” said Joel Recznik, vice president of Enrollment Services.
“Franciscan University works hard to keep tuition and fees affordable,” Recznik said, “so it comes as no surprise that Kiplinger’s ranked Franciscan second lowest among all 100 schools for our total cost per year.”
Small class size, a high four-year graduation rate, student indebtedness, and academic support were among the other quality measures used to determine Franciscan University’s high ranking.
“Kiplinger’s list of the best private colleges has become a recognized and respected resource for families researching the best value in college education,” said Janet Bodnar, editor of Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine. “The schools on this year’s list offer students both academic excellence and affordability, which is increasingly important in this challenging economic landscape.”
The complete report can be viewed at Kiplinger.com by searching for Best Rankings in Private Colleges, 2014.
Founded in 1920, Kiplinger is the longest-running personal finance and business forecasting organization in the United States.
Franciscan University of Steubenville, located in southeastern Ohio, integrates strong academic programs and a lively faith environment, educating and forming men and women of hope to be a transforming presence in the Church and the world. Franciscan attracts over 2,500 students from all 50 states and 13 foreign countries with more than 40 undergraduate and 8 graduate programs, and a popular study abroad program in Austria.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Franciscan University of Steubenville, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, Top 100
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Holy Spirit Catholic School Open House
- 100+ Priests & Deacons Gather in Rome for International Conference Confraternities of Catholic Clerg
- Honor y Gloria a Él Inspires with Songs of Hope and Adoration
- Catholic Clergy issue Joint Statement on Marriage
- March for Life 2015; Franciscan University Students Prepare the Celebrate 'Every Gift Is a Gift'
- Sacred Psalm Texts and Latin Rhythm Combine In New Bilingual Album
- Dr. Janet Smith the Present Catholic Teaching on Reproductive Technologies
- Concert Features Music and Verse from the Middle Ages to Today
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance