Is it easy to share your faith with anyone?
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276 or
New book offers practical tips to help even the most timid evangelizer
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (October 29, 2013) - Recent popes have challenged Catholics to participate in the New Evangelization. But, unfortunately, most Catholics feel ill-equipped and unprepared to take up the challenge. Terry Barber, founder of St. Joseph Communications, has written a new book, HOW TO SHARE YOUR FAITH WITH ANYONE: A Practical Manual for Catholic Evangelization, which provides the keys to becoming an effective Catholic evangelist who draws people to Christ and his Church without compromise and conflict.
Barber uses clear examples and insightful anecdotes from his life and the lives of other great evangelists and apologists to explain such topics as:
• Why Catholics often don't evangelize;
• Preparing to be an evangelist;
• The eight laws of effectively sharing your faith with anyone;
• Jesus, the perfect evangelizer;
• The heart of evangelization; and
• How to share your personal testimony.
Barber helps Catholics heed Blessed Pope's John Paul II's call to "be not afraid," and to become an informed soldier of Christ seeking to spread the Gospel to the masses. As Barber explains, according to the teaching of Vatican II, it is the main duty of Catholic men and women to "bear witness to Christ" in our lives and in our works. The Gospel of Jesus Christ must be proclaimed by what we say and do.
Barber reminds us that evangelization is what we do and who we are. If we don't evangelize, we simply don't exist as a Church; we simply don't exist as Catholics.
"Terry Barber has long been one of the Church's finest evangelists," said Most Rev. Jose Gomez, Archbishop of Los Angeles. "His excellent book shows us how the New Evangelization requires new apologetics -- a new way to explain why the Church's teachings are true and why Jesus is the answer to the deep desires of the human heart."
For more information, to request a review copy or to schedule an interview with Terry Barber, please contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications.
http://www.ignatius.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
How to Share Your Faith With Anyone, Terry Barber, New Evangelization, Catholic, Ignatius Press
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe
- Experience Beloved: Finding happiness in marriage
- Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts to participate in 'Beloved' telepress conference
- Catholic toymaker puts Faith in hands and mouths of babies: Pope Francis doll added to line of toys
- Nobis Media, Marketing & Web Development Company
- Concert Series Concludes with Winthrop University World Percussion Ensemble
- Birth Choice Health Clinics Announces Transition to Obria Medical Clinics and Plans for Expansion
- OCP releases expanded edition of Mass of the Sacred Heart