Walsh University Names Kristi Campbell as new Director of International Student Services
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
North Canton, OH (August 21, 2013) - Kristi Campbell has been named as Walsh University’s Director of International Student Services. Campbell will serve as a personal and academic mentor for international students as well as serving as the advisor to the International Club. Campbell is responsible for the evaluation, processing and maintenance of immigration matters regarding international students. Campbell will also coordinate educational and social programming for all Walsh University international students, including international student orientation, student trips, mentoring programs, immigration workshops, educational programming, and social events like the International Dinner.
Campbell has 15 years of higher education experience and was formerly the international student and scholar advisor at the University of Akron, and assistant director of International Affairs at Kent State University. Prior to her time at the University of Akron, Campbell served in a variety of roles at Tiffin University including assistant dean of students, director of student activities, associate director of admissions and as the director of international student affairs.
Campbell has a both a Bachelor’s and Master’s of Business Administration from Tiffin University.
“One of my first initiatives is to strengthen the Link Families Program,” says Campbell, adding, “This program encourages faculty, staff, or community members to become involved with international students and help them learn about typical American lives such as experiencing a typical American meal, holiday or other traditional family activity.”
Walsh University is an independent, co-educational Catholic liberal arts and sciences institution that promotes academic excellence and diversity and provides close faculty-student interaction. It is dedicated to teaching its more than 3,000 students from 15 states and 24 countries to become leaders in service to others through a values-based education with an international perspective in the Judeo-Christian tradition.
http://http://www.walsh.edu/ OH, 44720 US
Kelly A Campbell - Director of University Relations, 330.490.7296
Walsh University, Catholic, Higher Education, College, International students
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters
- Something Other Than God nominated for Best Memoir & Autobiography in Goodreads 2014 Choice Awards