To Courageously Know and Follow After Truth
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SUMMIT, NJ (July 14, 2013) - Deep in the heart of Communist Russia a young woman with fiery courage and tenacious spirit sought and discovered the ancient Wisdom which has existed from time immemorial. Enraptured, she sacrificed herself on the altar of selfless love and followed after this Truth which so enthralled her heart and captivated her mind.
At the dawn of the twentieth century, leaving behind all she had ever loved, Anna Ivanovna began her quest to give her entire life to this Truth she had found by becoming the first ever Byzantine Dominican Sister in Soviet Russia. Entirely a daughter of the Church and Saint Dominic, and entirely a daughter of Russia, Anna united these two identities in her own person into one dynamic whole while communist Russia attempted to tear them--and her--apart. Her quest would ultimately lead her to murder in the Butyrka prison in Moscow. A Martyr for the faith, a martyr for Russia--this is the story of how one woman's daring faith brought hope and light to a country shrouded in the shadows of communism.
In To Courageously Know and Follow After Truth, Sr. Mary of the Sacred Heart, OP brings this heroine of Russia to the English speaking world. Sister is a contemplative, cloistered Dominican nun living in the Monastery of St. Jude in Marbury, Alabama.
In 1991 the first article about Dominicans in Russia was published in English and inspired Sister to begin research into their lives. In 2002 Sister travelled to Russia to spend three months learning the language and culture while exploring the possibility of founding a Dominican monastic community in Russia someday.
During her stay she was able to meet with some of the people who knew the Byzantine Dominican Sisters personally. To Courageously Know and Follow After Truth is the culmination of Sister's studies and her first published book.
To Courageously Know and Follow After Truth has been published by DNS Publications, a publishing house of the Dominican Nuns of Summit. The book may be purchased in paperback through Amazon.com or through the online gift shop of the Dominican Nuns of Summit (http://summitdominicans.3dcartstores.com/). A Kindle version is available through Amazon. An excerpt of the Introduction may be found at the online gift shop of the Nuns.
For more information, contact:
Sister Maria Teresa, O.P.
543 Springfield Avenue
Summit, NJ 07901
http://summitdomincans.org NJ, 07901 US
Sr. Maria Teresa OP - Managing Editor,
book, Dominican, nuns
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary
- Thu, Sept 24, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian Our Lady of Grace Catholic Chu
- How do we live the truth in love when the culture says we're haters?
- Grief, Death, Eternal Life Explored in New Catholic Title by PBM
- Right Next to Disneyland: Theater Meets Faith
- OCP Parish Grant Program to Distribute $200,000 to U.S. Parishes
- Franciscan University Joins With UK School to Offer Online Master of Catechetics Degree
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS