Convert, Author to Address Importance of Year of Faith
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (January 15, 2013) - Catholics are called during this Year of Faith to delve deeply into the roots of their faith, where they will encounter the Risen Christ. Author Steve Ray will speak on how Catholics can respond to this call on Monday, January 21, at 9:00 p.m. in Christ the King Chapel at Franciscan University of Steubenville.
“The Western World is slipping back into paganism after about 17 centuries of Christian culture. How do we as Catholics re-evangelize our neo-pagan world?” asks Ray. “The first Christians gave us the successful blueprint of converting a pagan society. Let’s see what they did, learn from them, and set our faces like flint to convert our world, too.”
After growing up in a Baptist family, Ray converted to the Catholic faith in 1994. A popular speaker and leader of pilgrimages to the Holy Land, he has written numerous books on the Catholic faith including Crossing the Tiber, and Upon This Rock.
Ray’s talk is an initiative of the Franciscan University Year of Faith Committee.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://www.franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
year of faith, Steve Ray, Franciscan University of Steubenville, author, convert, Steubenville
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Joy of the Gospel Retreat for Priests Offered
- Media Advisory - Cardinal, other experts participate in Tele-Press Conference
- Discover the Rich History of the Catholic Church in America
- Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial?
- Franciscan University Symposia to Celebrate 25 Years of John Paul II's Ex corde Ecclesiae
- Join RealOptions at Ignite Life 2014!
- New Edition of Writings by a Prophetic Pope
- George Weigel to Speak on Evangelical Catholicism and Higher Education
- Teacher Wins $3,000 Cash Prize for Catholic YA Novel
- 'Power of Beauty' Conference to Discuss Role of Beauty in Everyday Life