Convert, Author to Address Importance of Year of Faith
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (January 15, 2013) - Catholics are called during this Year of Faith to delve deeply into the roots of their faith, where they will encounter the Risen Christ. Author Steve Ray will speak on how Catholics can respond to this call on Monday, January 21, at 9:00 p.m. in Christ the King Chapel at Franciscan University of Steubenville.
"The Western World is slipping back into paganism after about 17 centuries of Christian culture. How do we as Catholics re-evangelize our neo-pagan world?" asks Ray. "The first Christians gave us the successful blueprint of converting a pagan society. Let's see what they did, learn from them, and set our faces like flint to convert our world, too."
After growing up in a Baptist family, Ray converted to the Catholic faith in 1994. A popular speaker and leader of pilgrimages to the Holy Land, he has written numerous books on the Catholic faith including Crossing the Tiber, and Upon This Rock.
Ray's talk is an initiative of the Franciscan University Year of Faith Committee.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://www.franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
year of faith, Steve Ray, Franciscan University of Steubenville, author, convert, Steubenville
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary
- Thu, Sept 24, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian Our Lady of Grace Catholic Chu
- How do we live the truth in love when the culture says we're haters?
- Grief, Death, Eternal Life Explored in New Catholic Title by PBM
- Right Next to Disneyland: Theater Meets Faith
- OCP Parish Grant Program to Distribute $200,000 to U.S. Parishes
- Franciscan University Joins With UK School to Offer Online Master of Catechetics Degree
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS