Convert, Author to Address Importance of Year of Faith
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (January 15, 2013) - Catholics are called during this Year of Faith to delve deeply into the roots of their faith, where they will encounter the Risen Christ. Author Steve Ray will speak on how Catholics can respond to this call on Monday, January 21, at 9:00 p.m. in Christ the King Chapel at Franciscan University of Steubenville.
"The Western World is slipping back into paganism after about 17 centuries of Christian culture. How do we as Catholics re-evangelize our neo-pagan world?" asks Ray. "The first Christians gave us the successful blueprint of converting a pagan society. Let's see what they did, learn from them, and set our faces like flint to convert our world, too."
After growing up in a Baptist family, Ray converted to the Catholic faith in 1994. A popular speaker and leader of pilgrimages to the Holy Land, he has written numerous books on the Catholic faith including Crossing the Tiber, and Upon This Rock.
Ray's talk is an initiative of the Franciscan University Year of Faith Committee.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://www.franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
year of faith, Steve Ray, Franciscan University of Steubenville, author, convert, Steubenville
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS
- Thérèse Drama Surprises Audiences
- Catholic Press Association Honors Liguori
- Crosier Order elects master general and councilors
- Indie Catholic Authors June Ebook Sale Offers the Faithful 17 Books Outside the Mainstream
- World Library Publications Honored With Three Paul Revere Awards
- Limitless Love in Action: First Steubenville Youth Conference Inspires Teens to Bring the Fire Home
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Athletic Director Enshrined in Sports Faith Hall of Fame
- AWARD-WINNING CATHOLIC AUTHORS TEAM-UP TO PROMOTE HEALING THROUGH FORGIVENESS
- NY CONCERT FOR NEPAL 5/31