Renegade Productions & Leo McWatkins Films Present The Premiere of The Blood & The Rose
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Washington, D.C. (December 12, 2012) – Renegade Productions and Leo McWatkins Films, are proud to be working with Catholic Charities of Washington D.C. on a premiere, benefit screening of the feature length documentary The Blood & The Rose.
The event will be held on Thursday, January 24, 2013 at the historic Warner Theatre in Washington D.C. from 7:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Narrated by Eduardo Verastegui (star of the movie Bella), The Blood & The Rose was shot on location in Spain and Mexico and tells the story of the Virgin of Guadalupe’s divine apparition, which transformed the Americas and helped further the spread of Catholicism.
Guest speakers for the evening will include the film’s Director, Tim Watkins, along with additional speakers to be announced in the coming weeks.
“I am thrilled to finally share this film, which I am so dearly committed to,” says Director Tim Watkins. “This amazing story begins with the history behind this miracle, and how through the Virgin of Guadalupe, a Catholic identity was formed and grew in the Americas.”
Doors open at 6:15 p.m. and refreshments and light fare will be available from the Warner Theatre Concessions throughout the evening. Participation in the event will assist Catholic Charities in its mission to continue serving the neediest in the community. For more information or to purchase tickets for the event, which begin at $75, visit: http://thebloodandtherose.com/events.
About The Blood & The Rose
The Blood & The Rose is a documentary film that dissects the story of the Virgin of Guadalupe, beginning with the history behind the miracle. This is a story of damnation and salvation and her divine apparition that transformed the Americas and helped further the spread of Catholicism. The Blood & The Rose was directed by Tim Watkins, CEO of Renegade Productions. Watkins co-directed the 2004 Ronald Reagan Cold-War-era documentary, In The Face of Evil: Reagan’s War in Word and Deed. Watkins is a member of Legatus, an organization of Catholic CEOs. For more information, visit http://thebloodandtherose.com/.
About Catholic Charities
For more than 80 years, families, children and adults in need of help and hope have been able to turn to Catholic Charities to find comprehensive, caring and competent support. With 63 programs working in 48 locations across the District of Columbia and the surrounding Maryland counties, Catholic Charities is uniquely positioned to help families overcome poverty and isolation and empower those we serve to live self-sufficient and independent lives. For more information, visit http://www.catholiccharitiesdc.org/.
http://thebloodandtherose.com/events MD, 21045 US
Mitchell Schmale - VP,
Renegade Productions, The Blood & The Rose, documentary film, premiere, Catholic Charities
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards