New Video Series for Catholic Families and Schools
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Catholic History Video Project
November 1, 2012
Company Name: Homeschool Connections
Contact: Maureen Wittmann, Co-Founder/Co-Director
Telephone: 888-372-4757 EDT
Headline: New Video Series for Catholic Families and Schools
Release Date: 2012-11-01 6:30 EDT
N Richland Hills, TX (November 1, 2012) - Homeschool Connections, the original source for online video courses for Catholic families, announces the release of the first DVD of the Catholic History Video Project. The Project is a series of teaching DVDs explaining the Catholic Church’s contributions in history. The DVDs are designed for individuals and families and are appropriate for both home and schools, with content suitable for all ages.
Families benefit from the DVDs’ ability to help children understand faith as it relates to history and the Church. Homeschools and private schools benefit from the DVDs’ strong educational curriculum, meeting the need for teaching foundational history, as it relates to the Church.
The Catholic History Video Project was created by Homeschool Connections high school history teacher, Phillip Campbell. Phillip combines a love of history with the Catholic faith, adding a quirky sense of humor and creativity to the documentary-style DVDs. The result is a documentary that is both fun and informational.
The first DVD, Origins of Christian Monasticism, is complete and available for mail order. This DVD focuses on the historical contribution of monasticism – the way of life that involves renouncing worldly pursuits to fully devote one's self to spiritual work – during the Early Middle Ages. Widespread distribution is scheduled for November 2012.
Script and story boards are completed for the next video in the series, which focuses on the Conquistadors, and filming has begun. The second DVD’s release is planned for the spring of 2013. Future topics will include the Crusades, Scholasticism, Counter-Reformation, Modern Church History, and more.
Keywords: Catholic Film Education History Documentary
Category: Catholic Documentaries
This 8-minute video is an excerpt from Origins of Christian Monasticism: http://youtu.be/DCbjN0tAc2g
This 2.5-minute video is an introduction to The Catholic History Project: http://youtu.be/vHRrPKSj-Pg
Catholic History Video Project Webpage:
Facebook Fan Page:
For more information, please see contact information above.
http://homeschoolconnectionsonline.com/buy-dvd/ MI, 48855 US
Maureen Wittmann - Co-Founder / Co-Director, 888-372-4757
Catholic, Film, Education, History, Documentaries, Homeschooling, Catholic Schools
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?