New Video Series for Catholic Families and Schools
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Catholic History Video Project
November 1, 2012
Company Name: Homeschool Connections
Contact: Maureen Wittmann, Co-Founder/Co-Director
Telephone: 888-372-4757 EDT
Headline: New Video Series for Catholic Families and Schools
Release Date: 2012-11-01 6:30 EDT
N Richland Hills, TX (November 1, 2012) - Homeschool Connections, the original source for online video courses for Catholic families, announces the release of the first DVD of the Catholic History Video Project. The Project is a series of teaching DVDs explaining the Catholic Church’s contributions in history. The DVDs are designed for individuals and families and are appropriate for both home and schools, with content suitable for all ages.
Families benefit from the DVDs’ ability to help children understand faith as it relates to history and the Church. Homeschools and private schools benefit from the DVDs’ strong educational curriculum, meeting the need for teaching foundational history, as it relates to the Church.
The Catholic History Video Project was created by Homeschool Connections high school history teacher, Phillip Campbell. Phillip combines a love of history with the Catholic faith, adding a quirky sense of humor and creativity to the documentary-style DVDs. The result is a documentary that is both fun and informational.
The first DVD, Origins of Christian Monasticism, is complete and available for mail order. This DVD focuses on the historical contribution of monasticism – the way of life that involves renouncing worldly pursuits to fully devote one's self to spiritual work – during the Early Middle Ages. Widespread distribution is scheduled for November 2012.
Script and story boards are completed for the next video in the series, which focuses on the Conquistadors, and filming has begun. The second DVD’s release is planned for the spring of 2013. Future topics will include the Crusades, Scholasticism, Counter-Reformation, Modern Church History, and more.
Keywords: Catholic Film Education History Documentary
Category: Catholic Documentaries
This 8-minute video is an excerpt from Origins of Christian Monasticism: http://youtu.be/DCbjN0tAc2g
This 2.5-minute video is an introduction to The Catholic History Project: http://youtu.be/vHRrPKSj-Pg
Catholic History Video Project Webpage:
Facebook Fan Page:
For more information, please see contact information above.
http://homeschoolconnectionsonline.com/buy-dvd/ MI, 48855 US
Maureen Wittmann - Co-Founder / Co-Director, 888-372-4757
Catholic, Film, Education, History, Documentaries, Homeschooling, Catholic Schools
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Spring Break Missions: Bringing the Love of Christ to the World
- Defending Traditional Marriage: Dr. Ryan Anderson Presents Marriage and the State
- Catawba River Baroque Featured at Gaudium Musicae
- DUFFY BOOK GIVES HOPE TO DIVORCED CATHOLICS
- Walsh University Hosts Third Annual Catholic Schools Photo Contest
- Internationally Published Author, Chris Benguhe Releases his Latest Book, The Best of A Better View.
- Power and Purpose Summer Conference
- Former Planned Parenthood employee is Redeemed by Grace
- The Third Edition of Clean of Heart is Now Available Through Createspace
- Thu, Mar 19, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Charles Lueras, Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church