Best Selling Catholic Author, Joan Carroll Cruz, Dies at 81
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Charlotte, NC (October 24, 2012) -- With great sadness Saint Benedict Press announces the death of best-selling Catholic author, Joan Carroll Cruz. Mrs. Cruz passed away, Saturday, October 20, 2012, at North Oaks Medical Center in Hammond, LA. She was 81 years old.
Mrs. Cruz was the author of 15 Catholic books, all of which received the imprimatur. She was perhaps best known for her writings on miraculous occurrences of faith which she compiled through meticulous research of foreign shrines, churches, convents and monasteries. Some of her most popular titles include Eucharistic Miracles (TAN 1987), The Incorruptibles (TAN 1977), and Prayers and Heavenly Promises (TAN 1990).
"Joan Carroll Cruz touched hundreds of thousands of people through her writings," said Saint Benedict Press publisher Robert M. Gallagher. "Her books on apparitions and miraculous events provide powerful evidence for faith by reinforcing the teachings of the Church and making supernatural realities more real to each one of her readers."
"We are privileged to be her publisher and we look forward to maintaining her legacy by preserving her books and bringing them to new readers," said Gallagher.
Mrs. Cruz is a native of New Orleans, LA, and was educated by the School Sisters of Notre Dame. She was a member of the Discalced Carmelite Secular Order for 50 years and received the Mother Teresa Award in 2005.
Saint Benedict Press, LLC/TAN Books
http://www.tanbooks.com NC, 28273 US
Katie Moore - Publicist, 704.831.3468
Joan Carroll Cruz, TAN Books, Saint Benedict Press, Catholic author, dies, death, Catholic
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe
- Experience Beloved: Finding happiness in marriage
- Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts to participate in 'Beloved' telepress conference
- Catholic toymaker puts Faith in hands and mouths of babies: Pope Francis doll added to line of toys
- Nobis Media, Marketing & Web Development Company
- Concert Series Concludes with Winthrop University World Percussion Ensemble
- Birth Choice Health Clinics Announces Transition to Obria Medical Clinics and Plans for Expansion
- OCP releases expanded edition of Mass of the Sacred Heart