Better By The Dozen Plus Two, Part Two subtitled Lessons Learned through Loss and Leukemia by a Fami
description of a modern-day, Christian pioneer woman.”
- DeeAnn Smith, Radio Show Host, “It’s Up to Us! – Catholic Women Who Live and Lead with Faith”
Since we started telling our story, some readers of our first book, Better By The Dozen Plus Two, Anecdotes and a Philosophy of Life From a Family of Sixteen, who were helped, inspired or just plain curious, have been asking what has happened to us and our children since that writing in 2006.
I especially write this for my fourteen children so they can know what God has done, how He loves us and arranges our lives, how He is always with us, never abandoning us. May we all remember what we have learned along the way.
The ongoing story of what God has done in our lives over the past six years is a much more dramatic tale than what was told in our first book which chronicled the first twenty-three years of our married life. If the story of how God’s grace can transform a contracepting, materialistic, menu-picking Catholic couple into a counter-cultural, authentically Catholic family with fourteen children may seem almost impossible, the story of what God has done since 2006 may seem quite incredible. But why should we be surprised? Is it not true that God is always with us, looking out for us, loving us, providing for us, even when we aren’t aware or care?
This is a tale of what God can do, and how God loves. It is a Job story, a story of how God giveth and God taketh away, but always about how blessed is the name of the Lord.[i]
http://www.formingfaithfulfamilies.com/BetterBookPartTwo.html IL, 60423 US
James Littleton - ,
family, faith, Jesus, marriage, leukemia, cancer, medical, Motherhood, fathers, Catholic, Christian
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary