President Plutarco Calles. The faith of Blessed Jose Sanchez del Rio and Blessed Anacleto Gonzalez Flores – both Cristero War martyrs – provides inspiration and witness to everyone who sees the film. Site licenses are available to enable anyone to organize public exhibitions of the film on Blu-ray or DVD. Get information at http://www.ForGreaterGloryEvents.com/.
• OCTOBER BABY – This story of faith and forgiveness proclaims a simple message – Every Life is Beautiful – in a moving film that delighted and touched audiences across America this year. Get more information at http://www.OctoberBabyMovie.net/.
Ignatius Press offers a host of Year of Faith titles including:
• YOUCAT – As noted above, the Youth Catechism of the Catholic Church is the best-selling Catholic book in the world, and is suitable for anyone with an interest in going deeper into their faith by exploring the Catechism. English and Spanish versions are available in the U.S. from Ignatius Press. Check them out at http://www.ignatius.com/promotions/youcat/.
• THE SEVEN BIG MYTHS ABOUT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH – Dr. Christopher Kaczor busts seven of the biggest myths about the Church in a book that will help anyone deepen their faith simply through expanding their knowledge of what the Church actually does believe and teach. Get more information at http://www.ignatius.com/Products/SBMCC-H/the-seven-big-myths-about-the-catholic-church.aspx.
• THE CONFESSIONS – Beloved St. Augustine of Hippo wrote this extended, poetic, passionate prayer as an autobiography sometime after his conversion. It is considered one of the greatest Christian classics of all time. The new Ignatius Press Critical Editions release is available at http://www.ignatius.com/IProducts/185742/the-confessions-saint-augustine-of-hippo.aspx.
• THE HISTORY OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH: FROM THE APOSTOLIC AGE TO THE THIRD MILLENNIUM – James Hitchcock, Ph.D., longtime professor of history at St. Louis University, has written an ambitious, comprehensive history of the Catholic Church – the longest-enduring institution in the world. Hitchcock tells the long, complicating and fascinating story of the Church in a readable, honest and objective narrative. The book will be released in late November. Check it out now at http://www.ignatius.com/Products/HCC-H/history-of-the-catholic-church.aspx.
For more Year of Faith titles, visit http://www.ignatius.com/Products/CategoryCenter.aspx?SearchTerm=Year+of+Faith.
PUT YOUR FAITH INTO ACTION ON NOV. 6
• The Confraternity of Catholic Clergy has launched the free CATHOLIC VOTING GUIDE App for iOS, Android and Windows mobile devices. The Android version is available now in the Google Play Store, and the Windows version is available now in the Windows Phone store. The iOS release is imminent, and will be available in the iTunes Store. In all three locations, search Catholic Voting Guide. “Parties change; candidates change; political issues change,” said Fr. John Trigilio, president of the CCC. “But Catholic Values are the same yesterday, today … and forever. The CATHOLIC VOTING GUIDE App is timeless in its usefulness because of that. It will provide informative, empowering information in advance of the 2012 general election – and it will continue to fulfill its mission well into the future.”
• In the New York Times bestseller INDIVISIBLE, Catholic Jay Richards and Evangelical Christian James Robison offer a look at serious issues of faith to consider before the Nov. 6 General Election. “I was struck by how little discussion of social issues there was in the debate,” Richards said of last week’s first 2012 Presidential Debate. He and Robison do not shy away from social issues – or any issues – in INDIVISIBLE. Ignatius Press offers the Catholic Edition of the book, which includes bonus content. Those who order from Ignatius Press also will receive a free copy of the CD Catholic Voting Guidelines, on which Dave Durand takes listeners through the voting guidelines developed for American Catholics by the USCCB. Get more information on the Catholic Edition of INDIVISIBLE at http://www.ignatius.com/promotions/indivisible-catholic/.
MAKE SURE YOUR CHURCH BELLS RING
At noon on Oct. 11, hundreds of Catholic churches and thousands of people across America will ring in the Year of Faith. Churches everywhere are invited to participate. Get more information at http://verdin.com/yearoffaith, and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/yearoffaith.
FAITH FOR THE TROOPS
Any parish, organization or individual who wants to support a truly faith-filled cause during the Year of Faith should consider a donation to the FRONTLINE FAITH project. The organization has provided more than 30,000 MP3 players – each loaded with more than 7 hours of Catholic or Christian content – to our brave men and women serving around the world. With almost 1 million active-duty troops self-identifying as Christian (according to Department of Defense statistics), there are plenty more MP3 players needed. Get information and donate at http://www.frontlinefaithproject.org/.
ENGAGE AND CONNECT ONLINE
Pope Benedict XVI specifically mentioned the New Evangelization in his Apostolic Letter PORTA FIDEI, announcing the Year of Faith. He also has convened a Synod of Bishops this week on the New Evangelization. Those Bishops are joining the Holy Father in opening the Year of Faith in Rome.
Stay in touch with The Maximus Group for the latest information throughout the Year of Faith.
Click here to visit and like the Maximus Facebook page.
Click here to follow The Maximus Group on Twitter.
Like the folks at FlockNote.com, Ascension Press has created a daily email for the Year of Faith. Get more information and sign up at http://TheCatholicYearOfFaith.com/.
Following are hyperlinks to a wide variety of online resources related to the Year of Faith.
• Read the entire Apostolic Letter ‘Porta Fidei’.
• Visit the official Year of Faith website.
• Download Year of Faith logos for use online and elsewhere.
• Watch the Opening Mass of the Year of Faith on EWTN. Airs live at 4 a.m.ET, Thurs. Oct. 11 or replays at 6:30 p.m.ET.
• Watch Year of Faith coverage all year on CatholicTV.
• Read Catholic News Agency stories on Year of Faith.
• Pope Entrusts Year of Faith, evangelization synod to Mary.
• Like the Year of Faith Facebook Page.
• Follow @Year_of_Faith on Twitter.
For more information on the Year of Faith or many of the projects listed, please contact Alexis Walkenstein (561-445-5409 or AWalkenstein@MaximusMG.com), Tim Lilley (678-990-9032 or TLilley@MaximusMG.com) or Kevin Wandra, 678-990-9032 or KWandra@MaximusMG.com) of The Maximus Group.
http://maxondeadline.com/ GA, 30188 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Year of Faith; Catechism of the Catholic Church; YOUCAT; Restless Heart; For Greater Glory;
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- EWTN PREMIERE: New StoryTel Film Explores Soldiers of Christ in America
- Meet the enemy of big government: J.R.R. Tolkien
- Enter the world of beatniks, hippies … and singing monks?
- Pontiff and Prophet: Pope Paul VI predictions in On Human Life ring true throughout the world
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)
- Horrific tragedy inspires Catholic entrepreneur to create powerful novel
- Cardinal Raymond Burke: Synod’s mid-term report ‘lacks a solid foundation in the Sacred Scriptures'