Long awaited recording from iconic Catholic musician released
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PORTLAND, OR (OCP) (October 1, 2012) – Dan Schutte, one the world’s most foremost voices in Catholic music has released his latest CD, To Praise You this summer through leading liturgical publisher, OCP.
Nearly 5 years in the making, the 12-song collection features a variety of music ranging from traditional hymnody and chant-inspired songs to folk ballads—a style Schutte, along with the other members of the St. Louis Jesuits, is credited with bringing to life within the Catholic church. To Praise You easily traverses from music for communal worship to an album perfect for personal listening and reflection.
“These are songs that come from my own journey of faith,” says Schutte. “While most the texts are inspired by scripture several are of my own creation, crafted as I sought to find our God in the events of everyday life—both large and small.”
Created to bring the fragile human life into perspective, the title track is a reflection on the value that each day is a gift to be treasured. “How we might live our life differently if we knew that we had only one more day to live?” asks Schutte.
Among other album favorites are “Let Me Go Now In Peace”—a comforting song fitting of funeral liturgies and end of life celebrations and “Hymns of Praise” which combines timeless texts with inspiring melodies.
To Praise You is available for purchase at ocp.org/30107367. Additionally, Dan is also booking dates for this tour in support of the CD and the Year of Faith (kicking off October 2012). To learn more or book a tour stop, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit bit.ly/To-Praise-You-PE to see the social media release optimized with video, photos, Twitter pitches and more. All other media requests may be sent to Erin McClellan at email@example.com, 503.460.5363.
OCP, a not-for-profit publisher of liturgical music and worship resources based in Portland, Oregon, has been in operation for more than 90 years. Worship programs produced by OCP are used in over two-thirds of Catholic churches in the United States and are distributed worldwide. Find OCP on Facebook at Facebook.com/OCPmusic.
OCP (Oregon Catholic Press)
http://bit.ly/To-Praise-You-PE OR, 97213 US
Erin McClellan - PR/MarCom Specialist, 503.460.5363
OCP, Oregon Catholic Press, Dan Schutte, St. Louis Jesuits, To Praise You, Here I am, Lord, music
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- NYC Sat Dec 21st Catholic Professionals Mass & Christmas Social
- Pope Francis to Celebrate Bambinelli Sunday, December 15
- Celine Dion Moved to Tears Voicing Her Support for Mary’s Meals documentary, CHILD 31
- 'Francis: A Pope For Our Time, The Definitive Biography'
- Ignatius Press to release Pope Francis’ first Apostolic Exhortation
- Steve Ray Conference December 14,2013 in Brighton, MI
- A trip to another planet shatters assumptions
- Christian Doctors Providing Relief Work to the Philippines
- Production of Catholic cartoon about Saint Kateri Tekakwitha
- Youth to Assemble 100,000 Meals for Africa at National Catholic Youth Conference.