Heroes on the Front Lines ... AND at Home
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Alexis Walkenstein, 561-445-5409 or
Tim Lilley, 678-990-9032 or
Kelly Kracht, 651-470-3854 or
FRONTLINE FAITH creates CD set for those On the Home Front
AUSTIN, TX (September 20, 2012) – Where are we headed?
• Protests against the U.S. – and the west in general – continue in more than a dozen countries.
• Four Americans died last week in Libya during an attack on the U.S. embassy there.
• At this moment, one of the largest “war games” operations in history is ongoing in the Strait of Hormuz – at least partially in the hope that this show of Allied strength will prompt Iranian leaders to reconsider their continuing move toward creation of nuclear weapons.
It’s clear that more U.S. soldiers are finding themselves in harm’s way – daily. You see them headed to who-knows-where in the airport – maybe one of the major “hub” cities like Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles and New York. You immediately recognize their digital camo as “hero wear.”
Did you think about who those brave men and women are leaving behind?
“We know you are heroes to your service member,” said FRONTLINE FAITH Founder Cheri Lomonte and military wife Lynda MacFarland. “You are our heroes, too.” Lomonte and MacFarland have produced a two-CD set of inspirational audio essays and music for those serving America at home. On The Home Front is available now – free – from FRONTLINE FAITH.
“We created On The Home Front for the parents, spouses, siblings and children who pray daily for the loved ones they have sent off to serve every American and protect us and our freedoms,” Lomonte said. “Their commitment and willingness to endure the hardships of separation and sacrifice give strength and purpose to our service men and women. For that, we thank them – and we want to support their spiritual needs.”
On The Home Front is a companion to the Catholic and Protestant MP3 players that FRONTLINE FAITH has distributed by the tens of thousands to men and women troops around the world since 2009. Often without access to chaplains or regular religious services, these brave American men and women turn to FRONTLINE FAITH for the spiritual nourishment necessary to deal with the ever-present threats of injury or death. The organization honors every request it receives for an MP3 player, providing them free of charge to soldiers of all Christian faiths.
“Our troops tell me they are STARVING for spiritual support,” Lomonte said. “We must feed those who protect our country and our gift of liberty. The MP3 players are food for the souls of our military. On The Home Front provides food for the souls of those family members who send them off, then wait anxiously … prayerfully … for their return.”
Lomonte incorporated FRONTLINE FAITH as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit in 2009 after learning that a large number of American soldiers deployed overseas sometimes go extraordinary amounts of time without access to a chaplain or religious services.
“We are one in the Body of Christ,” she said. “So when one of us hurts, we all hurt. Our troops need our spiritual support. It is our duty to help our too-few chaplains and our troops with prayer and players. And we believe that duty extends to the families of our troops, so we created On the Home Front.”
That duty – helping – can take a variety of forms:
• Donating as little as $24 pays to produce and distribute a FRONTLINE FAITH MP3 player;
• Sharing news of the project in church communities to help spread the word about FRONTLINE FAITH;
• Sharing personal stories from the front, or those of family members deployed;
• Connecting to FRONTLINE FAITH’s online social communities:
o Like and share the FRONTLINE FAITH Facebook page – http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-FRONTLINE-FAITH-Project/135818756434815;
o Follow FRONTLINE FAITH on Twitter – @FrontlineFaith.
For more information, to request a review copy of On The Home Front or a FRONTLINE FAITH MP3 player, or to schedule an interview with Founder Cheri Lomonte and other spokespersons, please contact Alexis Walkenstein (561-445-5409 or AWalkenstein@MaximusMG.com), Tim Lilley (678-990-9032 or TLilley@MaximusMG.com) or Kelly Kracht (651-470-3854 or KKracht@MaximusMG.com) of The Maximus Group.
http://maxondeadline.com/frontlinefaith-press-release/heroes/ GA, 30188 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Frontline Faith; military; Cheri Lomonte; On the Home Front; MP3 players
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle
- Back-to-School Blog Tour Highlights Catholic Children’s Literature
- New York, NY: Sat Sep 27th NYC Catholic Professionals Mass & Social
- Celebrate Christmas in Harvard Square
- Divine Mercy Saint Drama Comes to Williamsburg, Virginia
- America's First-Pro-Life Half Marathon/5K Set for Nov. 9