Be Not Afraid: Dr. Paul Kengor to Speak on John Paul II and Ronald Reagan
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (September 19, 2012) - What would Pope John Paul II and President Ronald Reagan have done in the face of modern crises such as the Health and Human Services mandate, widespread embryonic research, and continued taxpayer-funded abortion?
Dr. Paul Kengor, professor of political science at Grove City College in Pennsylvania and executive director of the college's Center for Vision and Values, will address this question in his October 4, 7:30 p.m. talk at Franciscan University of Steubenville in the Gentile Gallery in the J.C. Williams Center.
His talk, "Be Not Afraid: John Paul II and Ronald Reagan on the Power and Witness of Hope and Truth" will discuss the work of both leaders in light of their efforts to take down Soviet communism, as well as their joint commitment in fighting the culture of death.
"John Paul II and Ronald Reagan were allies in a joint commitment to confront two evils: atheistic communism and the culture of death. Both battles took immense effort, creativity, and courage, and they faced much ridicule," said Kengor about his forthcoming talk. "What lessons can Catholics today draw from these two men, particularly as they confront a death culture even more intense and aggressive?"
This talk is a part of the fall 2012 semester's Distinguished Speakers Series at Franciscan University, and is co-sponsored by the departments of Academic Affairs, Student Life, and Advancement. The talk is free and open to the public.
Through the Distinguished Speakers Series, Franciscan University hosts leaders who integrate their faith and public life and who inspire the next generation to be a transforming presence in the Catholic Church and society.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Dr. Paul Kengor, Franciscan University of Steubenville, Pope John Paul II, President Ronald Reagan
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe
- Experience Beloved: Finding happiness in marriage
- Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts to participate in 'Beloved' telepress conference
- Catholic toymaker puts Faith in hands and mouths of babies: Pope Francis doll added to line of toys
- Nobis Media, Marketing & Web Development Company
- Concert Series Concludes with Winthrop University World Percussion Ensemble
- Birth Choice Health Clinics Announces Transition to Obria Medical Clinics and Plans for Expansion
- OCP releases expanded edition of Mass of the Sacred Heart