Be Not Afraid: Dr. Paul Kengor to Speak on John Paul II and Ronald Reagan
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (September 19, 2012) - What would Pope John Paul II and President Ronald Reagan have done in the face of modern crises such as the Health and Human Services mandate, widespread embryonic research, and continued taxpayer-funded abortion?
Dr. Paul Kengor, professor of political science at Grove City College in Pennsylvania and executive director of the college’s Center for Vision and Values, will address this question in his October 4, 7:30 p.m. talk at Franciscan University of Steubenville in the Gentile Gallery in the J.C. Williams Center.
His talk, “Be Not Afraid: John Paul II and Ronald Reagan on the Power and Witness of Hope and Truth” will discuss the work of both leaders in light of their efforts to take down Soviet communism, as well as their joint commitment in fighting the culture of death.
“John Paul II and Ronald Reagan were allies in a joint commitment to confront two evils: atheistic communism and the culture of death. Both battles took immense effort, creativity, and courage, and they faced much ridicule,” said Kengor about his forthcoming talk. “What lessons can Catholics today draw from these two men, particularly as they confront a death culture even more intense and aggressive?”
This talk is a part of the fall 2012 semester’s Distinguished Speakers Series at Franciscan University, and is co-sponsored by the departments of Academic Affairs, Student Life, and Advancement. The talk is free and open to the public.
Through the Distinguished Speakers Series, Franciscan University hosts leaders who integrate their faith and public life and who inspire the next generation to be a transforming presence in the Catholic Church and society.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Dr. Paul Kengor, Franciscan University of Steubenville, Pope John Paul II, President Ronald Reagan
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?