Be Not Afraid: Dr. Paul Kengor to Speak on John Paul II and Ronald Reagan
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (September 19, 2012) - What would Pope John Paul II and President Ronald Reagan have done in the face of modern crises such as the Health and Human Services mandate, widespread embryonic research, and continued taxpayer-funded abortion?
Dr. Paul Kengor, professor of political science at Grove City College in Pennsylvania and executive director of the college's Center for Vision and Values, will address this question in his October 4, 7:30 p.m. talk at Franciscan University of Steubenville in the Gentile Gallery in the J.C. Williams Center.
His talk, "Be Not Afraid: John Paul II and Ronald Reagan on the Power and Witness of Hope and Truth" will discuss the work of both leaders in light of their efforts to take down Soviet communism, as well as their joint commitment in fighting the culture of death.
"John Paul II and Ronald Reagan were allies in a joint commitment to confront two evils: atheistic communism and the culture of death. Both battles took immense effort, creativity, and courage, and they faced much ridicule," said Kengor about his forthcoming talk. "What lessons can Catholics today draw from these two men, particularly as they confront a death culture even more intense and aggressive?"
This talk is a part of the fall 2012 semester's Distinguished Speakers Series at Franciscan University, and is co-sponsored by the departments of Academic Affairs, Student Life, and Advancement. The talk is free and open to the public.
Through the Distinguished Speakers Series, Franciscan University hosts leaders who integrate their faith and public life and who inspire the next generation to be a transforming presence in the Catholic Church and society.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Dr. Paul Kengor, Franciscan University of Steubenville, Pope John Paul II, President Ronald Reagan
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- When Pope Francis Arrives in North America, There is Only One Network to Watch: EWTN Global Catholic
- The Synod on the Family: Addressing the Instrumentum Laboris
- GHIRELLI'S WORLD MEETING OF FAMILIES ROSARIES NOW AVAILABLE
- OCP Artist, Pedro Rubalcava, Writes Song for Pope Francis' Visit
- Pre-Synod Conference unites Cardinals and men and women living with homosexual tendencies
- The Rigging of a Vatican Synod
- 17 Cardinals and Counting
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary