Pauline Books & Media Enters the Faith vs. Science Debate
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BOSTON, MA (September 18, 2012) - The release of God and Evolution? Science Meets Faith marks a milestone in the publication history of Pauline Books & Media, extending its publication range into the faith vs. science debate.
This newest title in the adult faith formation line explores the Catholic view on God and evolutionary science. Centered around the fundamental question, “Where do we come from?” this resource shows how science and religion coexist and offer compatible explanations to our existence. Author Dr. Gerard M. Verschuuren—a practicing Catholic and human geneticist—adopts a religious, philosophical, and biological approach to prove that we do not have to sacrifice either faith or science. He accessibly walks readers through: the Church’s position on faith and reason; the merits and limitations to theological and scientific approaches for understanding our existence; and why the dominating ideologies of creationism, evolutionism, and intelligent design theory are not plausible.
Franciso J. Ayala, Donald Bren Professor of Evolutionary Biology at the University of California, Irvine, recipient of the 2010 Templeton Prize, and President of the American Association for the Advancement of Science acclaims: “God and Evolution is a thoughtful, well-argued, and easy to read presentation of the conversation between science and faith. As Gerard Verschuuren argues, science and religion, or evolution and creation, are two windows that see the world from different perspectives which are not contradictory but complementary. Dr. Verschuuren documents the religious perspective with pertinent citations from Scripture, theologians, and philosophers. As an expert biologist, he convincingly makes the case for science.”
For additional information or to request a review copy of God and Evolution, please contact Ariana Tantillo at 617-676-4490 ext. 4179 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pauline Books & Media is the publishing house of the Daughters of St. Paul, an international Congregation of women religious, whose mission is evangelization through the means of social communication. They operate thirteen retail book centers in North America and a publishing and distribution facility in Boston, Massachusetts.
Pauline Books & Media
http://www.paulinemedia.com MA, 02130 US
Ariana Tantillo - Marketing Associate, 617-522-8911
religion and science, god and evolution, human existence, faith and science, Dr. Verschuuren
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RealOptions Presents Rachel’s Vineyard Retreats
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus again No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart
- The CatholicTV Network to air Feature on the Fine Arts Summer Academy
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordinations to the Priesthood for the Archdiocese of Boston
- Live Web Event with Scott Hahn
- New Book by IPS Brings together Psychologists, Theologians and Philosophers to 'Build the Bridge'
- Remembering Fr. Kapaun and all our fallen heroes on Memorial Day
- First U.S. Publisher to Speak at Canadian Catholic Schools Convention
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous