Pauline Books & Media Enters the Faith vs. Science Debate
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BOSTON, MA (September 18, 2012) - The release of God and Evolution? Science Meets Faith marks a milestone in the publication history of Pauline Books & Media, extending its publication range into the faith vs. science debate.
This newest title in the adult faith formation line explores the Catholic view on God and evolutionary science. Centered around the fundamental question, "Where do we come from?" this resource shows how science and religion coexist and offer compatible explanations to our existence. Author Dr. Gerard M. Verschuuren--a practicing Catholic and human geneticist--adopts a religious, philosophical, and biological approach to prove that we do not have to sacrifice either faith or science. He accessibly walks readers through: the Church's position on faith and reason; the merits and limitations to theological and scientific approaches for understanding our existence; and why the dominating ideologies of creationism, evolutionism, and intelligent design theory are not plausible.
Franciso J. Ayala, Donald Bren Professor of Evolutionary Biology at the University of California, Irvine, recipient of the 2010 Templeton Prize, and President of the American Association for the Advancement of Science acclaims: "God and Evolution is a thoughtful, well-argued, and easy to read presentation of the conversation between science and faith. As Gerard Verschuuren argues, science and religion, or evolution and creation, are two windows that see the world from different perspectives which are not contradictory but complementary. Dr. Verschuuren documents the religious perspective with pertinent citations from Scripture, theologians, and philosophers. As an expert biologist, he convincingly makes the case for science."
For additional information or to request a review copy of God and Evolution, please contact Ariana Tantillo at 617-676-4490 ext. 4179 or e-mail email@example.com.
Pauline Books & Media is the publishing house of the Daughters of St. Paul, an international Congregation of women religious, whose mission is evangelization through the means of social communication. They operate thirteen retail book centers in North America and a publishing and distribution facility in Boston, Massachusetts.
Pauline Books & Media
http://www.paulinemedia.com MA, 02130 US
Ariana Tantillo - Marketing Associate, 617-522-8911
religion and science, god and evolution, human existence, faith and science, Dr. Verschuuren
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS
- Thérèse Drama Surprises Audiences
- Catholic Press Association Honors Liguori
- Crosier Order elects master general and councilors
- Indie Catholic Authors June Ebook Sale Offers the Faithful 17 Books Outside the Mainstream
- World Library Publications Honored With Three Paul Revere Awards
- Limitless Love in Action: First Steubenville Youth Conference Inspires Teens to Bring the Fire Home
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Athletic Director Enshrined in Sports Faith Hall of Fame
- AWARD-WINNING CATHOLIC AUTHORS TEAM-UP TO PROMOTE HEALING THROUGH FORGIVENESS
- NY CONCERT FOR NEPAL 5/31