Vocations Fair to Host an Array of Diocesan and Religious Orders
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (September 14, 2012) - Franciscan University of Steubenville's annual Religious Vocations Awareness Day, hosting 100 dioceses and religious orders for men and women, will take place on Friday, October 12, in the Finnegan Fieldhouse from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
"The students at Franciscan University have a quest for determining how they can best serve the Church," says Father Robert Anello, MSA, director of Franciscan University's Priestly Discernment Program. "This fair offers them the opportunity to see the entire spectrum of priestly and religious vocations offered to them."
The fair allows attendees to meet with representatives of dioceses and religious orders. Vocations directors will be at booths with videos and materials, eager to engage in one-on-one conversations with visitors.
Vocations directors hail from across the United States and Canada, and represent many Catholic spiritualties including Franciscan, Carmelite, Benedictine, Ignatian, and Salesian. Dioceses represented include Arlington, Chicago, New York, Greensburg, Pittsburgh, Wheeling-Charleston, and the Archdiocese of Military Service.
This event is free and open to the public. Families are encouraged to attend and introduce their younger children to the opportunities of religious life.
For more information, contact Lucia Bortz, Priestly Discernment Program secretary, 740-283-6495 or email@example.com.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://www.franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Franciscan University of Steubenville, vocations, discernment, priesthood, religious life
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- When Pope Francis Arrives in North America, There is Only One Network to Watch: EWTN Global Catholic
- The Synod on the Family: Addressing the Instrumentum Laboris
- GHIRELLI'S WORLD MEETING OF FAMILIES ROSARIES NOW AVAILABLE
- OCP Artist, Pedro Rubalcava, Writes Song for Pope Francis' Visit
- Pre-Synod Conference unites Cardinals and men and women living with homosexual tendencies
- The Rigging of a Vatican Synod
- 17 Cardinals and Counting
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary