Vocations Fair to Host an Array of Diocesan and Religious Orders
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (September 14, 2012) - Franciscan University of Steubenville’s annual Religious Vocations Awareness Day, hosting 100 dioceses and religious orders for men and women, will take place on Friday, October 12, in the Finnegan Fieldhouse from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
“The students at Franciscan University have a quest for determining how they can best serve the Church,” says Father Robert Anello, MSA, director of Franciscan University’s Priestly Discernment Program. “This fair offers them the opportunity to see the entire spectrum of priestly and religious vocations offered to them.”
The fair allows attendees to meet with representatives of dioceses and religious orders. Vocations directors will be at booths with videos and materials, eager to engage in one-on-one conversations with visitors.
Vocations directors hail from across the United States and Canada, and represent many Catholic spiritualties including Franciscan, Carmelite, Benedictine, Ignatian, and Salesian. Dioceses represented include Arlington, Chicago, New York, Greensburg, Pittsburgh, Wheeling-Charleston, and the Archdiocese of Military Service.
This event is free and open to the public. Families are encouraged to attend and introduce their younger children to the opportunities of religious life.
For more information, contact Lucia Bortz, Priestly Discernment Program secretary, 740-283-6495 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://www.franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Franciscan University of Steubenville, vocations, discernment, priesthood, religious life
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- EWTN PREMIERE: New StoryTel Film Explores Soldiers of Christ in America
- Meet the enemy of big government: J.R.R. Tolkien
- Enter the world of beatniks, hippies … and singing monks?
- Pontiff and Prophet: Pope Paul VI predictions in On Human Life ring true throughout the world
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)
- Horrific tragedy inspires Catholic entrepreneur to create powerful novel
- Cardinal Raymond Burke: Synod’s mid-term report ‘lacks a solid foundation in the Sacred Scriptures'