South Carolina Felician Sisters Receive Highest National Award
what little we had, we shared and we gave. Now, God has blessed us with this wonderful Lumen Christi Award,” said Sister Johnna. “The money is greatly needed, but the Light of Christ really touches us. God always comes through with blessings for us and that’s the way we’ve learned to live. We’re depending on God—and that’s what people around here do.”
Through it all, the Sisters themselves feel blessed by their ministry. But it’s the people of Kingstree that feel blessed by them.
“The Sisters have really inspired our community; all our churches are getting together and committing to helping the Sisters,” said Ricky Burrows, Mayor of Kingstree. “The Sisters have been an asset to Williamsburg County and Kingstree. Without their work, I don’t know what this section of town would have been like if they had not been here.”
To view and share a video and photos featuring the Felician Sisters in Kingstree, S.C., visit http://www.catholicextension.org/news-media/media-room/digital-media-releases/South-Carolina-Felician-Sisters-Receive-Highest-National-Award.
About Catholic Extension
Catholic Extension uniquely contributes to the growth and vibrancy of the church in the U.S. by strategically investing in poor mission dioceses to unleash the power of faith that transforms hearts, lives and society. Based in Chicago, this national organization provides funding resources to dioceses and parishes through programs and services investing in people, infrastructure and ministries. This support is given based on need, as well as passion and commitment to the growth of the Catholic faith. Since 1905, Catholic Extension has distributed more than $500 million to communities across America. For more information, visit www.catholicextension.org.
http://www.catholicextension.org/lca2012 IL, 60603 US
Renae Godish - , 312-346-2005
Catholic Extension, Lumen Christi Award, Women Religious, Felician Sisters, Charleston, Ministry
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters
- Something Other Than God nominated for Best Memoir & Autobiography in Goodreads 2014 Choice Awards