Catholic Summer Reading Program Underway
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
4727 N Academy Blvd, Ste A
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO (July 12, 2012) - National Catholic Retailer Announces the 6th Annual 2012 Catholic Summer Reading Program List
Local owned and nationally recognized Catholic bookstore Aquinas and More Catholic Goods (www.aquinasandmore.com) has announced the winners of its annual Catholic Summer Reading Program.
The program officially launched June 15, and held two weeks of voting for Catholic readers to choose their favorite titles in two categories of books, Adult and Teen.
“The purpose of our Catholic Summer Reading Program is to keep Catholics reading and engaged with their faith during the summer vacation season, to expose them to new titles in all genres, and also to the Catholic novel – something that is becoming a rarity”, said Ian Rutherford, President of Aquinas and More.
The program features downloadable discussion guides for the winners, flyers that Catholic retailers can download and use in their stores, and much more. Parishes can even can use them to start up summer reading groups. There is also a suggested reading list for kids, complete with coloring pages.
This years' winners from the Adult Category include: “At the Heart of the Gospel”, a non-fiction work by Christopher West, who is an expert on John Paul II's Theology of the Body; “Christopher”, a novel about a potential convert by David Athey, and “The Power and the Glory” by Graham Greene, which is
especially timely considering the release of the movie “For Greater Glory.”
Teen Category winners include perennial favorites: “The Screwtape Letters”, by C.S. Lewis, “The Hobbit” by J.R.R. Tolkien, and “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen.
“Our program is a reminder that summer reading can actually be a fortifier for your soul instead of just a distraction for your mind. Many Catholics will find what we offer to be more accessible than some other alternatives which can be more time and commitment intensive.”, said Rutherford.
You can find all the information you need to get started at (www.catholicsummerreading.com). There is also a forum available for Catholics to discuss the books at (www.catholicbookdiscussion.com).
Aquinas and More Catholic Goods is the largest Catholic store on-line and was the first Catholic on-line store to offer digital media for sale and the first to offer its own line of e-books.
K6 Consulting Group LLC
http://www.catholicsummerreading.com VA, 23084 US
Melissa Kenney - ,
Catholic, Reading, culture, summer,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Thu, Sept 25, 2014 - Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian at Our Lady of Grace Catholic
- Employment Opportunities with the LA Archdiocese
- Marriage and Family at the Forefront of Social Science Conference
- New books and key experts available in time for October Synod on Marriage and Family
- Franciscan University Reacts to Latest HHS Mandate Ruling
- Former Polish Prime Minister to Speak on Legacy of St. John Paul II
- Divine Mercy Drama Comes to Washington, DC
- Gospel of Mark — Ready, Set, Go! - September 6, 2014
- Come to the Sisters of Providence Fall Discernment Weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2014
- New Book Helps Readers Trust God with St. Therese's Little Way