Multilingual parishes rejoice with Spirit and Grace
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PORTLAND, OR (July 11, 2012) - Leading liturgical publisher, OCP has released Spirit and Grace a new collection featuring the multilingual Mass setting by beloved composer Ricky Manalo, CSP.
Celebrating the mystery of the Holy Spirit, Mass of Spirit and Grace infuses texts from the new Roman Missal with strong and approachable melodies. Inspired to create a Mass and recording that speaks to the every-day Catholic, Manalo explains, “I thought about the assembly voice first: ‘Can my mother sing this melody a cappella?’ and if not, I threw it away. At the same time, I wanted to write strong melodies and harmonies to keep their interest. Keeping the needs of music and liturgy directors in mind”
The new collection, like the popular Mass setting, features multilingual intercessions that can be sung in 30 different languages. Developed in close collaboration with the USCCB Secretariat on Cultural Diversity, diocesan leaders and liturgical composers, Manalo hopes that the multilingual verses will unite Catholics across language barriers.
“Liturgy celebrates, among other things, unity in diversity. One of the best moments to celebrate cultural diversity is during the Prayers of the Faithful. This setting can be sung in Cantonese, Celtic, English, Filipino, French, German, Greek, Hmong, Igbo (Nigerian), Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lao, Latin, Malayalam (India), Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swahili, Tongan and Vietnamese among others” says Fr. Manalo.
The collection, featuring Mass of Spirit and Grace setting plus two bonus liturgically appropriate songs can be found at ocp.org/30107153.
For additional information, media requests or questions please contact Erin McClellan, 503.460.5363, firstname.lastname@example.org
OCP, a not-for-profit publisher of liturgical music and worship resources based in Portland, Oregon, has been in operation for more than 90 years. Worship programs produced by OCP are used in over two-thirds of Catholic churches in the United States and are distributed worldwide. More information is available at 1-800-LITURGY (548-8749) and ocp.org. Find OCP on facebook at facebook.com/OCPmusic.
OCP (Oregon Catholic Press)
http://www.ocp.org/30107153 OR, 97213 US
Erin McClellan - PR/MarCom Specialist, 503.460.5363
OCP, Oregon Catholic Press, new Roman Missal, Spirit and Grace, Manalo, multilingual, multicultural
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- NYC Sat Dec 21st Catholic Professionals Mass & Christmas Social
- Pope Francis to Celebrate Bambinelli Sunday, December 15
- Celine Dion Moved to Tears Voicing Her Support for Mary’s Meals documentary, CHILD 31
- 'Francis: A Pope For Our Time, The Definitive Biography'
- Ignatius Press to release Pope Francis’ first Apostolic Exhortation
- Steve Ray Conference December 14,2013 in Brighton, MI
- A trip to another planet shatters assumptions
- Christian Doctors Providing Relief Work to the Philippines
- Production of Catholic cartoon about Saint Kateri Tekakwitha
- Youth to Assemble 100,000 Meals for Africa at National Catholic Youth Conference.