American Chesterton Society 31st Annual Conference
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
American Chesterton Society to Host World Premiere
of Manalive, First Full-Length Feature Film
Based on a Novel by G.K. Chesterton
31st Annual Conference in Reno, Nevada to Celebrate 100th Anniversary of G.K. Chesterton’s Classic Novel
MINNEAPOLIS, MN (June 26, 2012) - The American Chesterton Society will celebrate the 100th anniversary of G.K. Chesterton’s classic novel, Manalive, at its 31st annual conference August 2-4 at the Silver Legacy Resort and Casino in Reno, Nevada. The theme of the conference is “Break the Conventions, Keep the Commandments,” a pivotal line from Manalive.
The highlight of the conference will be the world premiere of the independent movie, Manalive, produced by Dale Ahlquist and Joey Odendahl. Although Chesterton was a prolific author, there has never been a full-length feature film based on a Chesterton novel. The film was shot on location in Savannah, Georgia and throughout the state of Washington. Manalive stars popular Catholic author and speaker, Mark Shea, and Kevin O’Brien, president and artistic director of Theater of the Word. The film also stars up and coming Hollywood actor, Kaiser Johnson.
In addition to the movie premiere, the three day Chesterton conference will feature speakers including:
Dale Ahlquist, President of the American Chesterton Society and host of the popular EWTN television show, The Apostle of Common Sense
Joseph Pearce, prolific author of biographies of literary converts, including G.K. Chesterton, J.R.R. Tolkein, and C.S. Lewis
Jason Jones, President and Founder of Movie to Movement, Co-Executive Producer of Bella and Crescendo, and the founder of IamWholeLife.com
The premiere of Manalive will take place on Friday, August 3rd at 6:30PM at the Reno Legacy Resort and Casino. To register for the 3-day conference, visit www.chesterton.org.
About the American Chesterton Society
The American Chesterton Society (ACS), founded in 1996, works to promote interest in G.K. Chesterton (1874-1936), one of the 20th century’s greatest writers. Through its popular EWTN television program The Apostle of Common Sense, Gilbert Magazine, books, conferences, pilgrimages, and scholarly research, the organization works to bring Chesterton’s common sense, profound faith, and joy to a new generation. Learn more at www.chesterton.org.
American Chesterton Society
http://www.chesterton.org/events/2012-conference/ MN, 55437 US
Emily de Rotstein - Executive Director, 651.756.9613
G.K. Chesterton, conference
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Thu, Sept 25, 2014 - Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian at Our Lady of Grace Catholic
- Employment Opportunities with the LA Archdiocese
- Marriage and Family at the Forefront of Social Science Conference
- New books and key experts available in time for October Synod on Marriage and Family
- Franciscan University Reacts to Latest HHS Mandate Ruling
- Former Polish Prime Minister to Speak on Legacy of St. John Paul II
- Divine Mercy Drama Comes to Washington, DC
- Gospel of Mark — Ready, Set, Go! - September 6, 2014
- Come to the Sisters of Providence Fall Discernment Weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2014
- New Book Helps Readers Trust God with St. Therese's Little Way