Catholic Summer Reading Program
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
4727 N Academy Blvd, Ste A
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
KENTS STORE, VA (June 18, 2012) - National Leader in Catholic Retailing Announces the 2012 Catholic Summer Reading Program.
For decades, secular bookstores throughout the country have been enormously successful at developing summer reading programs which feature popular and affordable paperbacks that can be easily carried and casually read while on vacation or simply enjoying some “downtime” during the summer months.
Leading Catholic bookstore Aquinas and More Catholic Goods (www.aquinasandmore.com) has announced selections for its sixth sponsorship year of the now popular and distinctly Catholic summer reading program.
The program, which officially launched June 15, is a reminder that summer reading can actually be a fortifier for your soul instead of just a distraction for your mind.
“Each year we try and choose a wide range of topics from fiction to theology. This year we have some wonderful fiction including The Father's Tail by Michael O'Brien and The Power and the Glory by Graham Greene, which is especially timely considering the release of the movie For Greater Glory.” said Ian Rutherford, President of Aquinas and More.
Currently, participants can vote on their favorite three titles. At the end of June Aquinas and More will provide study guides for the top three titles chosen by participants. Online book discussions will also take place at catholicbookdiscussion.com. Catholic bookstores in communities across the country are invited to sponsor local book groups and post them online so others can join in.
“Parishes might want to consider forming summer book discussion groups centered around the summer reading titles to offer parishioners some “lighter fare” in the off season summer months. Many Catholics will find the program more accessible than some other alternatives which can be more time and commitment intensive.”, said Rutherford.
Aquinas and More Catholic Goods is the largest Catholic store on-line and was the first Catholic on-line store to offer digital media for sale and the first to offer its own line of ebooks.
K6 Consulting Group LLC
http://www.catholicsummerreading.com VA, 23084 US
Melissa Kenney - ,
Catholic, Reading, Books, Summer, Aquinas and More,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Time Magazine’s Man of the Year Accepts Greetings From Walsh University Students on the Morning He i
- Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles make Billboard Chart history
- NYC Sat Dec 21st Catholic Professionals Mass & Christmas Social
- Pope Francis to Celebrate Bambinelli Sunday, December 15
- Celine Dion Moved to Tears Voicing Her Support for Mary’s Meals documentary, CHILD 31
- 'Francis: A Pope For Our Time, The Definitive Biography'
- Ignatius Press to release Pope Francis’ first Apostolic Exhortation
- Steve Ray Conference December 14,2013 in Brighton, MI
- A trip to another planet shatters assumptions
- Christian Doctors Providing Relief Work to the Philippines