Catholic Summer Reading Program
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
4727 N Academy Blvd, Ste A
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
KENTS STORE, VA (June 18, 2012) - National Leader in Catholic Retailing Announces the 2012 Catholic Summer Reading Program.
For decades, secular bookstores throughout the country have been enormously successful at developing summer reading programs which feature popular and affordable paperbacks that can be easily carried and casually read while on vacation or simply enjoying some "downtime" during the summer months.
Leading Catholic bookstore Aquinas and More Catholic Goods (www.aquinasandmore.com) has announced selections for its sixth sponsorship year of the now popular and distinctly Catholic summer reading program.
The program, which officially launched June 15, is a reminder that summer reading can actually be a fortifier for your soul instead of just a distraction for your mind.
"Each year we try and choose a wide range of topics from fiction to theology. This year we have some wonderful fiction including The Father's Tail by Michael O'Brien and The Power and the Glory by Graham Greene, which is especially timely considering the release of the movie For Greater Glory." said Ian Rutherford, President of Aquinas and More.
Currently, participants can vote on their favorite three titles. At the end of June Aquinas and More will provide study guides for the top three titles chosen by participants. Online book discussions will also take place at catholicbookdiscussion.com. Catholic bookstores in communities across the country are invited to sponsor local book groups and post them online so others can join in.
"Parishes might want to consider forming summer book discussion groups centered around the summer reading titles to offer parishioners some "lighter fare" in the off season summer months. Many Catholics will find the program more accessible than some other alternatives which can be more time and commitment intensive.", said Rutherford.
Aquinas and More Catholic Goods is the largest Catholic store on-line and was the first Catholic on-line store to offer digital media for sale and the first to offer its own line of ebooks.
K6 Consulting Group LLC
http://www.catholicsummerreading.com VA, 23084 US
Melissa Kenney - ,
Catholic, Reading, Books, Summer, Aquinas and More,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary
- Thu, Sept 24, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian Our Lady of Grace Catholic Chu
- How do we live the truth in love when the culture says we're haters?
- Grief, Death, Eternal Life Explored in New Catholic Title by PBM
- Right Next to Disneyland: Theater Meets Faith
- OCP Parish Grant Program to Distribute $200,000 to U.S. Parishes
- Franciscan University Joins With UK School to Offer Online Master of Catechetics Degree
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS