Spiritandsong.com Artist Named Ambassador at World Gathering of Families
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PORTLAND, OR (June 13, 2012) - Rising Catholic music artist Josh Blakesley was named Ambassador to Children and Families by the Forum de la Famiglie during this year's World Gathering of Families in Milan, Italy.
Along with other influential Catholic leaders to families and young people from all over the globe, Blakesley was presented with the Charter of Family Rights. Outlining articles of rights of families that were introduced by Pope John Paul II in 1983. The charter says "...all persons have the right to the free choice of their state of life and thus to marry and establish a family or remain single."
Blakesley, who rose to international recognition with his contemporary hit "You Are the Light" earlier this year, was asked to bring the charter back to the U.S. and carry the message of Pope John Paul II--the importance and celebration of families in modern society--to those he touches through his music and ministry.
About World Gathering of Families
The World Gathering of Families occurs every three years. This year's celebration was held May 30 - June 3 in Milan, Italy. It was officiated by Fracisco Billete, president of the Forum Famiglie (Consulter to the Pontifical Council for the Family) and was attended by thousands of families from nearly every country in the world.
spiritandsong.com, a division of OCP, offers the latest releases by both big-name artists and emerging new talents. OCP, a not-for-profit publisher of music and worship resources based in Portland, Oregon, has been in operation for more than 80 years. Worship materials produced by OCP are used in thousands of churches in the United States and are distributed worldwide. More information is available at 1-800-548-8749 and ocp.org. Facebook.com/OCPmusic
Erin McClellan, 503.460.5363, Erinm@ocp.org
Kelcee Marcum, 503.460.5358, email@example.com
OCP (Oregon Catholic Press)
http://www.spiritandsong.com OR, 97213 US
Erin McClellan - PR/MarCom Specialist, 503.460.5363
OCP, Oregon Catholic Press, spiritandsong.com, josh blakesley, forum de la fimiglie, ambassador
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Who's responsible for designing the designer?
- Thu, Jun 11, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Bill Adams at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Your search for true happiness is over
- ValLimar Jansen's latest album "a soulful experience"
- Uncovering the roots (and branches) of the greatest revolution in the American Catholic Church
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe
- Experience Beloved: Finding happiness in marriage
- Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts to participate in 'Beloved' telepress conference