National Pilgrimage to Texas to Welcome United Nations International Pilgrim Virgin Statue May 13th
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ARLINGTON, TX (April 27, 2012) - What: The world-famous United Nations International Pilgrim Virgin statue to be displayed at four locations in North Texas.
In addition, all are invited to join in the International Rosary Procession at St. Ann in Burleson at 3p.m.on May 13, 2012
Where: St. Luke Catholic Church, 202 S. MacArthur Boulevard, Irving, TX. 75060; Monastery of the Most Holy Trinity, 5801 Mt. Carmel Drive, Arlington, TX, 76017; San Mateo Catholic Church, 3316 Lovell Ave. , Fort Worth, TX 76105, and St. Ann Catholic Church,
100 SW Alsbury, Burleson, TX 76028.
When: May 10-May 14, 2012
Who: Catholic and the Faithful of all denominations are welcome to participate
Contact: Suzette Chaires, 817-247-8527 or via e-mail lovJesus@swbell.net
North Texas Catholics Welcome International Pilgrim Virgin Statue
Statue and Relics Mark Anniversary of Apparition of Our Lady of Fatima
North Texas Catholics and pilgrims from all over the southwest and across the country will observe the 95th anniversary of the Apparition of Our Lady of Fatima in a very special way.
Fort Worth Bishop Kevin Vann has given permission for the United Nations International Pilgrim Virgin Statue of Our Lady of Fatima to come to three locations in the Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth. Accompanying the statue will be the Relics of Blessed Jacinta and Blessed Francisco, two of the three who, as children, reported the apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima in Portugal in 1917.
This event represents a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the North Texas faithful to view this extraordinary and blessed piece of art as well as venerate the relics of two of the witnesses of Fatima.
Our Lady of Fatima appeared in apparitions reported by three shepherd children at Fatima in Portugal in the early part of the 2oth Century. These occurred on the 13th day of six consecutive months in 1917, starting on May 13. The three children were Lucia dos Santos and her cousins Jacinta and Francisco Marto.
This treasured International Pilgrim Image travels the globe and occupies a unique place in Catholic art and the Roman Catholic religion. It is was hand-carved in the mid-1900's and is the property of the World Apostolate of Fatima – Rhode Island Division, WAF Fatima Sanctuary in Portugal. Pope Pius XII blessed this unique statue on May 13, 1947, for a mission to the United Nations and world travels.
The schedule is subject to change. Here is the schedule, so far, for the statue:
• On Friday, May 11, the UN Fatima Statue will be at St. Luke Catholic Church, 202 S. MacArthur Boulevard, Irving, TX. 75060, starting with a St. Luke School Mass at 8 a.m. There will also be a 7 p.m. Mass and Procession in the Church. Final prayers will conclude at 10 p.m.
• Saturday, May 12, the eve of the 95th Anniversary of the Virgin Mary’s Apparitions at Fatima, the UN Fatima Statue will be at the Monastery of the Most Holy Trinity, 5801 Mt. Carmel Drive, Arlington, TX, 76017, for 7:30AM Mass.
• Saturday, May 12, at 4 p.m., the UN Fatima Statue will be at San Mateo Catholic Church, 3316 Lovell Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76105. Mass will begin at 6p.m. Event concludes at 1a.m., May 13. San Mateo is a Mission of St. Patrick Cathedral.
• Sunday, May 13, on the 95th Anniversary of the Virgin Mary’s Apparitions at Fatima, the UN Fatima Statue will be at St. Ann Catholic Church, 100 SW Alsbury, Burleson, TX 76028. The statue will be present for the 8a.m., 10:30a.m., and 1p.m. Spanish Mass. Talks and Veneration of Relics follow Mass.
• Sunday, May 13th, International Rosary Procession begins with songs and dance.
Rosary begins at 3pm. All are invited to join in the procession. (www.mystann.com)
The custodian, Judith Studer will give a presentation on the Fatima message. Additionally, Ms. Studer will tell of her miraculous healing through prayers and intercession of Our Lady. Ms. Studer’s 18-year-old granddaughter will also share about her miraculous healing.
Also, traveling with the statue will be 1st Class Relics of Francisco and Jacinta and a piece of the Holm-Oak tree on which Our Lady appeared. Shortly before he died, Father Luis Kondor, Postulator for Cause for Beatification of Francisco and Jacinta, gifted the reliquary to Ms. Studer and he asked Judy that she use these relics to bring comfort to the sick and healing especially for children.
Catholics do not worship statues but rather use them as a visual and compelling instrument of faith. They venerate – or regard with reverential respect – relics. A relic is a part of the body of a saint or a venerated person, or else another type of object, carefully preserved for purposes of veneration or as a tangible memorial.
“We are looking for extremely talented singers and musicians from various nations to honor Our Lady of Fatima with the gift of song and music and dancing, at each of these locations,” says Suzette Chaires, who along with others is helping to organize the event. “In addition, we are asking everyone to bring roses and other flowers to honor her.”
There will also be a prayer petition basket available for prayer intentions. These written prayer petitions will be offered both locally and taken to Fatima, Portugal, for additional prayers.
Medals and rosaries from Fatima will be available for donation.
The Fatima for Today: The Urgent Marian Message of Hope book by acclaimed Fatima expert, Father Andrew Apostoli, C.F.R. will be available for sale, as well. Visit www.thefatimastatue.org for updates and additional information about the statue. Please click on schedule link.
http://www.thefatimastatue.org TX, 76012 US
Suzette Chaires - ,
FATIMADFW, May 13th, International Rosary Procession, Our Lady Fatima, 95th Anniversary, UN Statue
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards