Trio of books celebrate Pope’s life and teachings
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Tim Lilley, 678-990-9032, or
Kevin Wandra, 678-990-9032, or
Complete picture emerges of the Holy Father on 7th anniversary of his installation
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (April 23, 2012) – Joseph Ratzinger was installed as the leader of the Roman Catholic Church on April 24, 2005. As Pope Benedict XVI reaches the seventh anniversary of his elevation to the Papacy, three landmark books provide a complete picture of the Holy Father’s life and his teachings. Jesus of Nazareth: Holy Week, Light of the World and My Brother, the Pope are available from Ignatius Press.
Jesus of Nazareth: Holy Week, the second volume of his work on the life of Christ, became an instant bestseller. The final volume, which will cover Jesus’ childhood, is expected to be released later this year. In the foreword to Jesus of Nazareth: Holy Week, Benedict XVI says that he aimed “to consider only the essential words and deeds of Jesus…. Even if there will always be details that remain open for discussion, I still hope that I have been granted an insight into the figure of our Lord that can be helpful to all readers who seek to encounter Jesus and to believe in Him.”
Light of the World, the book-length interview with the Holy Father conducted by German reporter Peter Seewald, is a 239-page book of candid, explicit and often surprising questions and answers. Never before has a pope answered a journalist’s wide-ranging, controversial and personal questions in a direct, one-on-one series of interviews.
My Brother, the Pope is a memoir from the Pontiff’s brother, Msgr. Georg Ratzinger, as told to writer Michael Hesemann. Illustrated with many never-before-seen photos of the Ratzinger brothers and their family, Msgr. Ratzinger provides the only living witness to the early days and formation of brothers who were ordained as Catholic priests together on the same day in 1951 – after surviving Nazi Germany and World War II.
For more information or to request a review copy of Jesus of Nazareth: Holy Week, Light of the World or My Brother the Pope, please contact Tim Lilley (678-990-9032 or TLilley@MaximusMG.com) or Kevin Wandra (678-990-9032 or KWandra@MaximusMG.com) with The Maximus Group.
http://maxondeadline.com/my-brother-the-pope-trio-of-books-celebrate-popes-life-and-teachings/ GA, 30188 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Jesus of Nazareth: Holy Week; Light of the World; My Brother, the Pope; Pope Benedict XVI,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Employment Opportunities with the LA Archdiocese
- Marriage and Family at the Forefront of Social Science Conference
- New books and key experts available in time for October Synod on Marriage and Family
- Franciscan University Reacts to Latest HHS Mandate Ruling
- Former Polish Prime Minister to Speak on Legacy of St. John Paul II
- Divine Mercy Drama Comes to Washington, DC
- Gospel of Mark — Ready, Set, Go! - September 6, 2014
- Come to the Sisters of Providence Fall Discernment Weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2014
- New Book Helps Readers Trust God with St. Therese's Little Way
- CatholicTV Launches 2.0 of iOS app, Android 2.0 to soon follow