Carmelite NGO Celebrates World Environment Day with Prayer and Reflection
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW YORK, NY (April 23, 2012) - The Carmelite NGO invites people around the world to join with the Carmelite Family to celebrate World Environment Day on June 5th with a day of prayer and reflection on rainforests as a resource for life. Materials for individuals or groups to use to celebrate the day can be obtained from the office of the Carmelite NGO or downloaded from the organization's website (carmelitengo.org).
The booklet contains passages from Scripture, statements from documents of the Catholic Church, as well as other resources.
The Carmelite NGO, a non-governmental organization in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations and affiliated to the Department of Public Information (DPI) of the United Nations, is comprised of the men and women around the world who are members of the Carmelite Order or its affiliated congregations, institutes, and ministries within the Catholic Church.
The offices of the Carmelite NGO are located at:
211 East 43rd Street, Suite 708
New York, NY 10017
http://carmelitengo.org AZ, 85719 US
William Harry - ,
Carmelite NGO, World Environment Day, rainforests, June 5
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- When Pope Francis Arrives in North America, There is Only One Network to Watch: EWTN Global Catholic
- The Synod on the Family: Addressing the Instrumentum Laboris
- GHIRELLI'S WORLD MEETING OF FAMILIES ROSARIES NOW AVAILABLE
- OCP Artist, Pedro Rubalcava, Writes Song for Pope Francis' Visit
- Pre-Synod Conference unites Cardinals and men and women living with homosexual tendencies
- The Rigging of a Vatican Synod
- 17 Cardinals and Counting
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary