Media Alert - My Brother the Pope on Benedict XVI's Birthday
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Alexis Walkenstein, 561-445-5409 or
Tim Lilley, 678-990-9032 or
Kevin Wandra, 678-990-9032 or
Co-author Michael Hesemann available to discuss the Ratzinger Brothers and their lives as the Holy Father turns 85
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (April 13, 2012) – Michael Hesemann, who worked with Msgr. Georg Ratzinger on the fascinating new book My Brother the Pope, is available through the weekend to discuss the lives of the Ratzinger brothers on the eve of Benedict XVI’s 85th birthday.
WHO – Michael Hesemann, co-author (with Msgr. Georg Ratzinger) of My Brother the Pope.
WHAT – Interview opportunities with Hesemann to discuss the book and the Ratzinger brothers on the occasion of Benedict XVI’s 85th birthday, which is April 16.
WHEN – Hesemann is available from Europe (EDT +6 hours).
HOW – Contact Alexis Walkenstein (561-445-5409 or AWalkenstein@MaximusMG.com); Tim Lilley (678-990-9032 or TLilley@MaximusMG.com); or Kevin Wandra (678-990-9032 or KWandra@MaximusMG.com) of The Maximus Group to schedule an interview with Michael Hesemann, and to request a review copy of My Brother the Pope.
About the book
In My Brother the Pope, Msgr. Ratzinger provides Hesemann with the only living witness to the early days and formation of brothers who were ordained as Catholic priests together on the same day in 1951 – after surviving Nazi Germany and World War II.
Hesemann, whose idea it was to acquire Monsignor Ratzinger’s detailed memoirs about his brother and their unique bond, says of My Brother the Pope, “The Ratzinger family secret is now available to the entire world.”
In My Brother the Pope, Msgr. Ratzinger not only shares – for the first time – a unique depiction of his brother with stories never heard before, but readers will encounter the man, the best friend, who continues to serve as a confidante and guide to the Holy Father to this day in the midst of his Papacy.
The Ratzinger brothers celebrated the 60th anniversary of their ordinations to the priesthood last year, and the book includes many pages of black and white and color photos that illustrate the lifelong, lasting friendship the Pope and his brother have enjoyed. They continue to vacation together, and talk to each other daily.
“Not just a fascinating book but a unique one, as well,” said Fr. Benedict Groeschel, of My Brother the Pope. “We are granted an intimate look at the life of one beloved brother through the eyes of another.”
As noted above – to request a review copy of My Brother the Pope or to arrange interviews with Michael Hesemann, please contact Alexis Walkenstein (561-445-5409 or AWalkenstein@MaximusMG.com); Tim Lilley (678-990-9032 or TLilley@MaximusMG.com); or Kevin Wandra (678-990-9032 or KWandra@MaximusMG.com) of The Maximus Group.
http://maxondeadline.com/my-brother-the-pope-benedict-xvi-birthday/ GA, 30188 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
My Brother the Pope, Msgr. Georg Ratzinger, Pope Benedict XVI, Michael Hesemann, Ignatius Press,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- On Juneteenth, national pro-life group is reminded that the aftermath of slavery has not ended
- 20 Lawmakers Call for Criminal Investigation of Late Term Abortionist
- The CatholicTV Network to Air Special Coverage during Fortnight for Freedom
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordination and Installation of Bishop-elect John Thomas Folda
- A Catholic Assessment of Evolution Theory – An origins science enhancer
- Running for a Reason: Priest Takes on Ultramarathon
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordination and Installation of Bishop-elect David John Walkowiak
- Brave and Steadfast at 2013 Catholic Charismatic Conference
- The CatholicTV Network to air Film, “Building on Faith: The Historic Churches of Detroit”
- Catholic Word Publisher Group Welcomes Novo Millennio Press Series