5 CEs Seminar for Mental Health Practioners, Priests and Laity
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Learning How to Love: Attachment, Morality, and Psychotherapy
by Andrew Sodergren, Psy. D. (IPS Class of 2009)
Friday, April 20th, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm EST
(Lunch break from Noon until 1pm)
CE Credits - 5
ARLINGTON, VA (March 8, 2012) - Pope Benedict XVI has said, "The family is the privileged setting where every person learns to give and receive love." In psychological terms this is called attachment.
But, how does one achieve secure versus insecure attachment? How do attachment experiences shape one's capacity to love? How does attachment security impact various forms of moral behavior? What can help a person overcome a lack of secure attachment?
This online seminar for mental health practitioners will explore these topics and more, concluding by exploring the clinical implications of the attachment paradigm from initial assessment to termination.
For more information, please contact Dr. Steve Grundman at distance.steve@IPSciences.edu or 703.416.1441 x. 129.
Institute for the Psychological Sciences
http://www.IPSciences.edu VA, 22202 US
Ellen Guarente - Asst. Dir. of Promotions, (703) 416-1441 x.116
graduate school, Catholic, psychology, psychologist, mental health, therapist, counselor, priests
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Live Web Event with Scott Hahn
- New Book by IPS Brings together Psychologists, Theologians and Philosophers to 'Build the Bridge'
- Remembering Fr. Kapaun and all our fallen heroes on Memorial Day
- First U.S. Publisher to Speak at Canadian Catholic Schools Convention
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous
- Book Launch: The Church Under Attack
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus debuts at No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart
- Mission of Healing in Los Angeles
- Father Robert Reed to be Honored by the Boston Archdiocesan Choir School