5 CEs Seminar for Mental Health Practioners, Priests and Laity
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Learning How to Love: Attachment, Morality, and Psychotherapy
by Andrew Sodergren, Psy. D. (IPS Class of 2009)
Friday, April 20th, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm EST
(Lunch break from Noon until 1pm)
CE Credits - 5
ARLINGTON, VA (March 8, 2012) - Pope Benedict XVI has said, "The family is the privileged setting where every person learns to give and receive love." In psychological terms this is called attachment.
But, how does one achieve secure versus insecure attachment? How do attachment experiences shape one's capacity to love? How does attachment security impact various forms of moral behavior? What can help a person overcome a lack of secure attachment?
This online seminar for mental health practitioners will explore these topics and more, concluding by exploring the clinical implications of the attachment paradigm from initial assessment to termination.
For more information, please contact Dr. Steve Grundman at distance.steve@IPSciences.edu or 703.416.1441 x. 129.
Institute for the Psychological Sciences
http://www.IPSciences.edu VA, 22202 US
Ellen Guarente - Asst. Dir. of Promotions, (703) 416-1441 x.116
graduate school, Catholic, psychology, psychologist, mental health, therapist, counselor, priests
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle
- Back-to-School Blog Tour Highlights Catholic Children’s Literature
- New York, NY: Sat Sep 27th NYC Catholic Professionals Mass & Social
- Celebrate Christmas in Harvard Square
- Divine Mercy Saint Drama Comes to Williamsburg, Virginia
- America's First-Pro-Life Half Marathon/5K Set for Nov. 9
Sts. Andrew Kim Taegon, Paul Chong Hasang, and Companions
September 20: Feastday: September 20 The evangelization of Korea began ... Read More