5 CEs Seminar for Mental Health Practioners, Priests and Laity
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Learning How to Love: Attachment, Morality, and Psychotherapy
by Andrew Sodergren, Psy. D. (IPS Class of 2009)
Friday, April 20th, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm EST
(Lunch break from Noon until 1pm)
CE Credits - 5
ARLINGTON, VA (March 8, 2012) - Pope Benedict XVI has said, "The family is the privileged setting where every person learns to give and receive love." In psychological terms this is called attachment.
But, how does one achieve secure versus insecure attachment? How do attachment experiences shape one's capacity to love? How does attachment security impact various forms of moral behavior? What can help a person overcome a lack of secure attachment?
This online seminar for mental health practitioners will explore these topics and more, concluding by exploring the clinical implications of the attachment paradigm from initial assessment to termination.
For more information, please contact Dr. Steve Grundman at distance.steve@IPSciences.edu or 703.416.1441 x. 129.
Institute for the Psychological Sciences
http://www.IPSciences.edu VA, 22202 US
Ellen Guarente - Asst. Dir. of Promotions, (703) 416-1441 x.116
graduate school, Catholic, psychology, psychologist, mental health, therapist, counselor, priests
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Holy Spirit Catholic School Open House
- 100+ Priests & Deacons Gather in Rome for International Conference Confraternities of Catholic Clerg
- Honor y Gloria a Él Inspires with Songs of Hope and Adoration
- Catholic Clergy issue Joint Statement on Marriage
- March for Life 2015; Franciscan University Students Prepare the Celebrate 'Every Gift Is a Gift'
- Sacred Psalm Texts and Latin Rhythm Combine In New Bilingual Album
- Dr. Janet Smith the Present Catholic Teaching on Reproductive Technologies
- Concert Features Music and Verse from the Middle Ages to Today
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance