The 3rd Annual Pilgrimage of New York
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
“THE 3rd ANNUAL PILGRIMAGE OF NEW YORK” honors the Jesuit tradition
New York, NY (March 1st, 2012) – “THE 3rd ANNUAL PILGRIMAGE OF NEW YORK” will take place between 9:00 A.M. and 7:30 P.M. on Saturday, March 24, 2012 (rain date: Saturday, March 31, 2012.) The pilgrimage walk begins at the Shrine of St. Frances Xavier Cabrini in the Washington Heights section of Manhattan and ends with a “Pilgrim’s Mass” at the Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, located at Manhattan’s southern tip. Participants will walk up to 13.5 miles in total and will make stops at the Church of St. Aloysius Gonzaga, the Church of St. Ignatius Loyola, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, the Church of St. Francis Xavier, and the World Trade Center Memorial.
“We’re thrilled that this pilgrimage has so rapidly become a cherished tradition during New York’s Lenten season,” said Mario Bruschi of the Cathedral of Saint Patrick Young Adults. “It’s a completely unique way to experience New York; the pilgrimage is spiritually and historically rich, great exercise, and, not least of all, it’s fun.”
Chris Lowney, author of the bestselling Heroic Leadership: Best Practices from a 450 Year-Old Company that Changed The World and an event co-founder, added, “This year we’re also honoring the history of the Jesuits, who have added so much to New York City: we’ll stop en route at three strikingly beautiful churches, each named for a Jesuit saint: Ignatius of Loyola, Francis Xavier, and Aloysius Gonzaga. We’re looking forward to seeing large contingents of pilgrims who are alumni or friends of the Jesuits.”
Participation in the pilgrimage is free of charge and is open to anyone of any age or religion. Sponsorship for participants is not required but each participant is invited to make a free will donation to the charity of their choice as a Lenten offering. Registration for the event is required. To learn more and to register as a participant, please visit the event website at http://www.pofnyc.org.
The event is produced by the Cathedral of Saint Patrick Young Adults (CSPYA), in association with The Defenders of the Holy Trinity, www.Events4JC.org, Holy Name of Jesus Young Adults, Pilgrimage for Our Children’s Future, and Young Catholic New York.
For more information on this event or to speak with an event manager, please contact Patrick Howley via e-mail at email@example.com, or call (718) 483-1819.
Cathedral of Saint Patrick Young Adults
http://www.pofnyc.org NY, 11372 US
Patrick Howley - Special Events Director,
Pilgrimage, Catholic, Jesuit, Worship, Event
US Archdiocese & Diocese
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- The CatholicTV Network Announces Programming in Honor of the Celestine Year
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources