Komen reversal a messy reminder
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Tim Lilley, 678-990-9032 or
Kevin Wandra, 678-990-9032 or
Tomeo reiterates need for caution - especially with financial support
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (February 3, 2012) - Earlier today, the Susan G. Komen Foundation announced that it would "continue to fund existing grants, including those of Planned Parenthood, and preserve their eligibility to apply for future grants, while maintaining the ability of our affiliates to make funding decisions that meet the needs of their communities."
Bestselling author Teresa Tomeo sees an important message in the events of the past few days involving Komen and its support of Planned Parenthood. "The current messy confusion regarding the relationship between Komen and Planned Parenthood is a reminder of how crucial it is to stop and think before pledging financial support to any organization," Tomeo said.
"What's most upsetting is to see Komen actually apologizing to the American public because of Planned Parenthood - the largest abortion provider in the country; an organization that doesn't even offer mammograms in the first place, only referrals; an organization that is under investigation by Congress; and an organization that has a long list of issues, too many to mention.
"The entire situation is outrageous," she added. "And in the end, women continue to be hurt. Women are not getting the full story from Komen - and especially not Planned Parenthood - regarding the connection between abortion and the increased risk in breast cancer, and cancer risks associated with oral contraceptives."
In her book EXTREME MAKEOVER, available now from Ignatius Press, Tomeo digs deep into the reasons why today's media culture delivers pervasive, toxic messages that misinform women. She advocates an "extreme media makeover" that will enable women, children and families to rid themselves of the harmful words and images that bombard them daily, and instead embrace the truth about themselves and their dignity.
To schedule an interview with Tomeo or to request a review copy of EXTREME MAKEOVER, contact Tim Lilley (TLilley@MaximusMG.com) or Kevin Wandra (KWandra@MaximusMG.com) of The Maximus Group at 678-990-9032, or at the email addresses above.
http://maxondeadline.com/extreme-makeover/ GA, 30188 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Teresa Tomeo, Extreme Makeover, Susan G. Komen, Planned Parenthood, abortion
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Crosier Order elects master general and councilors
- Indie Catholic Authors June Ebook Sale Offers the Faithful 17 Books Outside the Mainstream
- World Library Publications Honored With Three Paul Revere Awards
- Limitless Love in Action: First Steubenville Youth Conference Inspires Teens to Bring the Fire Home
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Athletic Director Enshrined in Sports Faith Hall of Fame
- AWARD-WINNING CATHOLIC AUTHORS TEAM-UP TO PROMOTE HEALING THROUGH FORGIVENESS
- NY CONCERT FOR NEPAL 5/31
- Who's responsible for designing the designer?
- Thu, Jun 11, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Bill Adams at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Your search for true happiness is over