Komen reversal a messy reminder
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Tim Lilley, 678-990-9032 or
Kevin Wandra, 678-990-9032 or
Tomeo reiterates need for caution – especially with financial support
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (February 3, 2012) – Earlier today, the Susan G. Komen Foundation announced that it would “continue to fund existing grants, including those of Planned Parenthood, and preserve their eligibility to apply for future grants, while maintaining the ability of our affiliates to make funding decisions that meet the needs of their communities.”
Bestselling author Teresa Tomeo sees an important message in the events of the past few days involving Komen and its support of Planned Parenthood. “The current messy confusion regarding the relationship between Komen and Planned Parenthood is a reminder of how crucial it is to stop and think before pledging financial support to any organization,” Tomeo said.
“What’s most upsetting is to see Komen actually apologizing to the American public because of Planned Parenthood – the largest abortion provider in the country; an organization that doesn’t even offer mammograms in the first place, only referrals; an organization that is under investigation by Congress; and an organization that has a long list of issues, too many to mention.
“The entire situation is outrageous,” she added. “And in the end, women continue to be hurt. Women are not getting the full story from Komen – and especially not Planned Parenthood – regarding the connection between abortion and the increased risk in breast cancer, and cancer risks associated with oral contraceptives.”
In her book EXTREME MAKEOVER, available now from Ignatius Press, Tomeo digs deep into the reasons why today’s media culture delivers pervasive, toxic messages that misinform women. She advocates an “extreme media makeover” that will enable women, children and families to rid themselves of the harmful words and images that bombard them daily, and instead embrace the truth about themselves and their dignity.
To schedule an interview with Tomeo or to request a review copy of EXTREME MAKEOVER, contact Tim Lilley (TLilley@MaximusMG.com) or Kevin Wandra (KWandra@MaximusMG.com) of The Maximus Group at 678-990-9032, or at the email addresses above.
http://maxondeadline.com/extreme-makeover/ GA, 30188 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Teresa Tomeo, Extreme Makeover, Susan G. Komen, Planned Parenthood, abortion
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards